First Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by CannibisNut, Dec 26, 2012.

1. I will check it one last time today if im still not sure im just going to pull it! I dont want to take any chances!:rolleyes:

2. Would be what I would do.

3. Hard to tell if that's a pollen sack or not. Might be a hermie.

Maybe post a thread in sick plants and problems. You should be able to get a few replies before you kill it off. Can't hurt.

4. Looks like a dude to me fellas

5. Thanks for stopping in bro! I pulled the potential hermie/male tonight. Still have 2 beatiful ladies though!:smoking:

6. "71-73 isn't bad at all, there's people out there that would love to have those kind of temperatures. "

Isn't that way too low? I'm new as well but I've heard that the plant needs it's canopy to hit around 85 for good evaporative action, speedy growth?

7. Thanks for stopping in bro!:wave:

If its to low they show no sign of not likeing it! My temps have changed due to wife useing the heat :rolleyes:

Updated temps

Night is 73-76

Day runs 80-85

They will stay this way throughout flower! I had a TALK with the wife:eek: lol

8. Unless I'm mistaken, you want the temperatures to be stable. That "talk" you had with your wife was a good call. :)

I think you made the right decision by pulling that male/hermie. Since you have two girls, why take the chance right?

9. Naw that is perfect temp range. The danger zone is in the upper 50s. 60s are not really good unless they are short night temps. My grow room during the day ranges from 73-75 at the high. I am only using T5 floros in a 5'X3'x6.5' grow box. and is cold here. I cannot stop the massive growth in my room so the temps are fine! Have heard that 85 is in the danger range if prolonged temps but seeing how you have a night period i think you are ok.

10. :wave:

Alright everyone this is my next update.It is Day 17 flower for both plants! I see nothing but bud-sights everywhere! I am very proud of plant no.1,being this is my first shot at growing my own meds.:D

I also threw a side pic in to mainly show the extra light in the back.

Attached Files:

11. Plant no.2

This one is one the thin side IMO:rolleyes:

I also threw in a pic of leaf size

Attached Files:

12. sweet man, dont worry, she will thicken up as time goes on. FYI, the bottom parts of the leaves dont absorb the light, if you could find some way to raise that side lighting and point them down that would seriously help you yield.

13. So i need to move them like in the edited pic below? :confused:

14. Oops stoned moment:smoking:

Attached Files:

15. they will do good where there are, it will help your lower popcorn nuggets, all up to you man. When I use side lighting, I usually stack some dvds or books along the side of my plants and point a desk lamp with a good CFL on them. It is all personal preference.

16. you could find a way to mount them vertically instead of horizontally and rotate your plants once a day or so, that would work pretty sweet.

17. I trying to get a good yield off these small ladies.If it will help the popcorn buds ill leave it.And leave the main colas for the 400 hps. If i dont like the results ill change it next grow! I ordered seeds for the next one!

18. Alright, what ya get?

19. :D I got Blue chesse,Critical kush,Vanilla kush,and Morning glory.All Barneys Farm fem. :smoking:

20. I agree with turning the side lights vertically. You'd hit more of the plant that way. The way they're set up now, you're only really using about 1/3 of the light that each one is putting off - the light that is being shined directly on the plants. Everything off to the side is wasted light.

Turning them vertically would hit the entire plant from the sides.