First Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by CannibisNut, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Alright so far i have 2 confirmed females and 1 male {pulled/burned!} The other 3 still no signs........I hope to have at least 3 females. The two i topped still havent shown signs of sex yet.

By the way HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2. Well the water jug victim was male! That makes 2 males (Pulled/burned),2 females 1 possible female and 1 unknown.

3. Aww, that sux about the water jug victim.

4. The fact that you already have 2 males pulled is a good sign. Males typically show sex before females, so I'd wager that your "unknown" plant is a female. Lookin' like you got 4 girls on your hands *knock on wood* don't wanna jinx ya though!

Lookin' good and healthy!

5. I Know right! It went through hell and out just to be pulled and burned!

6. It will be amazing to have 4 instead of the 3 i hoped for!!! I will post some update pics when lights come on today!

7. :wave: Welcome Bro!!!! Will definatly be nice to have another bagseed grow to compare to! On my way to your thread!!:smoking:

8. I added another light facing the bottom of 3 of my females! Let me know if you guys think it will help?

I also turned the hps off for a few mins to take these.......

Attached Files:

9. Took a few with hps to........... and also took my topped one out for a pic :eek:

Attached Files:

10. Not sure if the lighting will help or not, but if you move it up to where it's shining under the canopy but over the containers, basically hitting the plants broadside, I imagine it'd help with bud development under the canopy. I usually just prune all of that out though.

Only suggestion I got right now:

Dial the nutes back a tad. That leaf clawing and the burnt tips on the topped plant are early signs of over fert. Don't cut 'em back much at all, just a little. Cut 'em back about 12.5% (1/8 of whatever you're giving them now) and if the curl doesn't clear up, then cut 'em back another 12.5%

For example, if you're feeding them 2 TBS/gal, that's 100%. You wanna take that back to 1.75 TBS/gal, and if that doesn't work back to 1.5 TBS/gal. No significant jumps, just enough to clear up that leaf curl.

What you're experiencing isn't enough to hurt your plants, just very minor nute burn, but it can build up in the soil and cause nute lockout due to salt buildups. Might as well as save you the headache later, and save you the nutes now :)

11. What if im not using nutes? Over watering maybe? I haven't used nutes at all.

12. Gotta be the soil. Nothing else would burn the tips like that and cause that leaf curl.

What kinda soil you got in there? A lot of bagged soils contain time-released nutes. It's not really a problem, you can just let 'em ride it out. Sooner or later they'll use up their available nutrients in that soil. I just wouldn't start feeding them until they start showing signs of deficiencies. Yellowing near the bottom of the plant will likely be the first symptom.

Just make sure they get something like 25% run-off each time you water and you'll be golden.

13. I'm using MG moister control. It feeds for 9mths. I plan on switching to FFOF for my next grow! Will definetly water till 25% run-off if i need to!

Thanks Bro!

14. Wow feeds for nine months. Sounds a bit hot bro. I would mix that soil with a light mix like bio bizz just to dilute it a bit. Also are you giving her water from the tap? If so check the ppms and p.h. make sure your numbers are where you want em. Besides that looks great and thanks for checking out my thread:)

15. Yea i told my wife i needed FFOF soil..........:rolleyes: She brought Miracle Grow instead :eek:!Never DO that again!LOL

I am using tap water,I put a bubble stone in it for about 3 hours before use. I will check my Ph and ppms later tonight. Any suggestions on what the levels should be? And i will defiantly be following your thread bro!

16. Subbed in

17. :wave:Welcome!
    Blunts are on the table/beers in the fridge!

18. If only you were in my area lol

19. Only a few states away! :cool: