First Grow Journal: x2 Big Buddha Cheese

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by essexlad2010, Sep 14, 2011.

1. ALL COMMENTS AND VIEW WELCOME WITH OPEN ARMS

Well firstly id like to say a BIG hello to everyone who drops by :smoke:

Oki well firstly im goin to go through all the equipment and soil/nutes i am using so here goes lol

600w Cooltube
    5" VK Fan
    4" VK Fan
    4" Carbon Filter
    4" TT Fan
    15 Litre Grow Pots
    Oscillating Fan
    Hygrometer
    Digital PH Meter
    Moist and Light Meter
    Plagron Royalty Mix
    Plagron All Mix
    Terra Grow/bloom

Oki so thats what i am using and iv done a few minor tweaks to the grow room to get the temps down from a high temp grow last time round,

im planning on doing a 8 week growth stage and a 8 to 10 week flowering time with the last 2 weeks using some form of carbohydrates which iv never used before lol,

oki so this is day 1 and i have just planted my seeds into the soil so in a few days it will all start to get very exciting :hello:

so u all know i will be using bottled water at a PH of 6.4 throughout the whole grow cycle and will not be transplanting my ladies, they will be in the soil through all growth stage

i am hoping to do a good grow journal with regular pic updates every few days :smoke:

thanks for dropping by and always remember.. Life Would Suck Without Gods Magical Stuff :) :wave:

2. nice man!

ill keep my eyes peeled for the pictures!

3. here is a pic of the grow room, light is a bit to close i think but i aint plannin on turning the light on untill i see the first couple of leafs

Attached Files:

4. nice setup man i'll be watching this one,i would move that light up quite alot tho you dont wanna toast the babies when they pop up lol

5. yea it was only that far down because i wanted to see how much ducting i would need but the light wont be coming on for a few days or at least until the first 2 real leaves come up after the seed leafs so ill prob have it about 8 to 10" away from the ladies

6. thats a very enviable setup you got there.... you must be very proud!

your setup is pretty much what i aspire to in the future.....enjoy!

7. #7 naturesforce, Sep 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2011

personally i'd give them light before this. when they first pop through the soil they'll stretch up in search of light, if there is none the stem will be white, be very weak and spindly initially, and will probably need propping up, as i found out when one sprouted up for me in the dark......had a very slow start and took a while to gain a green colour.

just my two penneth but they want light as soon as they sprout but keep the 600 a GOOD distance away just at first.then gradually move it closer over a few days........definitely DONT want it too close at first!

8. yea it looks good :smile: but its not complete, i think i may need a bigger VK fan to cool the room down a bit more, and i fort they couldn't have light until the first proper leaves come through and also i am planning to put it at around 8 to 10" away from it at first.. is that to close in ur opinion, bearing in mine i have a cooltube and it dont get no where near as hot as a normal metal reflector

9. its actually the intensity of the 600w light that will hurt them if its too close, not the heat.......10 inches is bout 25cm which is not far at all for a seedlings distance to a 600w!!!. youll want it a good couple of feet away to harden them off for a few days. a lot of people start plants under cfl because high watt hid is too much to begin with......ive never seen a 600watt in action but i know my 250w is pretty damn bright and i wouldnt put a brand new sproutling directly under that.............they only need a certain amount of light when they first sprout, you can blast em with too much intensity!!

10. ohh rite oki so then how about if i take them out of the tent when they sprout and leave them by the window for a a day or 2 or will that just make then strech even more.? so even if i had my 600 a meter away from it it would still be to much.?

11. i believe u should keep the 600 24/28 inchs away (i read somewhere i think you mite wanna check) ur going to have some fun with that 600 i would love one of them !!

12. nah, id definitely use your 600, ....... that would be right about a metre. 3-4 feet away. its literally just til theyve said hello, and developed some chlorophyll........ when i start my seeds i use a 125watt cfl.......i keep it a good foot and a half away,just at first....then i move em up so theyre 2-3 inches away. best to be safe than sorry especially with a 600w......all you need at this stage is enough light to avoid stretch which wouldnt be a problem from the ceiling to the floor with a 600w lol

13. So when r u sayin to turn the light on, when the root starts to come out of the soil like a u-bend or when the seed leafs pop up.? And when i had it 12" away from the seedling before with the normal metal reflector it seemed to go oki so im hopin this time will be better now iv sort of sorted the heat problem and brought it down to 82.4 lights on and 73.0 lights off

14. yeah when the oval seed leafs pop up they want light. they collect that light in order to make the first little jagged leaves.....and if your last seedlings were fine 12 " away that will be fine again.....didnt realize you'd done your last seedlings under that light.......i jus didnt want you to frazzle em and lose seedlings,i know how annoying it is to lose seedlings that youve waited for to germinate...pisses me off but it is the most fragile stage so your always gunna have some casualties unfortunately:rolleyes:

15. yea funny enough i had that with the last one i didnt know it was coz the light was so close thou lol and i only put the light 12" away from it when the first jagged edges appeared but ill put the light up towards the top of the tent which is 1.2m then that should be fine then just lower it gradually untill prob bout 8 to 10" when the ladies are about 2 weeks old..

im using 2 different soils so im eager to see which one grows best :)

16. should be a good experiment,which two are you trying?

17. dunt no if u have heard of them but 1 is called plagron royalty mix and the other is plagron all mix, still using the terra grow/bloom thou as it done me well last time with 8oz off the 2 ladies with the last grow u saw, only thing was it came out shite lol

18. i have use terra bloom before this shit does the job in my opinion seems to have more of a kick to the bio bloom im using atm!!

19. either iv had 1 to many special fags or i couldnt read that properly lol, u said u av used the terra bloom, which one did u prefer biobuzz or terra, iv heard good things bout both of them but no one seems to give u a proper answer and starts goin into all the mumbo jumbo bout wats in it and i get lost in at the stuff lol

20. lol mumbo jumbo lmao....................biobizz is organic and terra bloom is chemical based so theres no real comparison between the two....

if you aint all that bothered about doing organics i'd go with terra......only reason i got all biobizz cos i thought i wanted to grow 100% organic at first.......but now im not bothered about that so much and i cant wait for my bio-range to run out so i can buy some better nutrients......

i think im going GH next time or canna...........:)