First grow journal third grow just looking for pointers

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by envyus, Sep 12, 2012.

1. here are some pics I have of my setup currently.

I have a 3x3 tent with a 600w MH air cooled reflector and digital ballast with a 6in can fan pulling over my light through a can filter exhausting near the top of tent. the tent is in a 10x10 room with a large closet I will flower in after i take my first set of clones in a couple months. the room is cooled by a 7000btu standalone air conditioner keeping the room at a cool 70-72 degrees the top of my tent is about 75 and the lower half around 74 depending on time of day and if any one is home running the house ac. currently vegging two strains i got from singleseedbank.com one is kosher kush on the right of the pictures and the other was a free seed sent from them called caramelo just for back up. there are in gallon pots until i need to transfer them to somehhing bigger but will only be mothering these and taking clones from them. the medium i am using is sunshine advanced mix #4 and using gen hydro nutes everyother feeding. for water i have a R/O filter giving me about 7-12 ppm right out of the faucet and i add ca/mg from gen hydro with every nute feeding. still have well over a month before i can take clones and start flowering so any insight on setup or feeding is welcome.

edit: also have a batch of super soil cooking in the backyard but maybe that is for another section of the forum.

Attached Files:

2. How would you go about topping them I have been reading about bonsaing them but think I should start off with a smaller clone... should I just top the top node or all of the top nodes on every branch

3. Grab anything off the bottom, that's the best growth hormones for cloning and they never flower out fully in the shade down there.

I have 100% success just cutting em off, then recutting them at a sharp angle (while underwater), then split into a fork, then plant in soil, walla.

4. Topping is super easy... just cut above any nodes you see. There are tons of videos on youtube. I usually topp all of my plants atleast once. I experimented with topping 4+ on my plants and they got a little too big so be careful too as they will slow down but explode in growth later.

5. Here is a picture update the first two are caramel and the second two are kosher kush.

Attached Files: