First grow journal - NYC Diesel [Curing]

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dankmass, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Good idea. At what point should I bend the main stem? How low?

First grow journal

2. So I was bending a few branches, then I noticed the new growth branch that came from topping - had broken off of the main stem. Not completely, but around half. I was able to use some green wire to hold it back in place and then placed a little duct tape over the break. Is there anything else I can do? Here's a pic before I taped her up

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First grow journal

3. How's you manage to do that o_O either way she should be fine. I do t see the wire or anything though. Lol the only time I ever mess up my plants is when I top them I always split the damn stem down the middle.

Grow journal

4. I don't even know, it broke super easy though. Yeah I took the pic before I taped it and used wire to hold it up. It's not looking good right now... the whole top and leaves look like they just died any chance of it recovering you think?

[​IMG]

First grow journal

5. The piece that came off may be toast but the rest of the plant should heal... my biggest plant right now was my weakest... I dropped a CFL on it and had to cut a few branches off right before flip... so I veg'd it an extra two and a half weeks and it was bigger than ever gonna be my best yielder yet

Grow journal

6. I guess we will see, I'm going to veg it for at least a few more weeks so it has time to heal. Damn way to turn a negative into a positive lol good for you. I'll keep you updated. Hopefully the branch perks up in a few days

First grow journal

• Like Like x 1
  7. Got my second mars hydro 300w led today (about 140w true or something). Would I be wasting electricity by running both leds on the plant in veg? I know it will help a lot for flowering but just wondering if it's worth having it on for the last few weeks of veg also?

Plant is looking good, apart from the new branch I broke yesterday - seems like all life in the branch has kinda died and the leaves have just shriveled up. I have it taped so maybe it will make a recovery but not got my hopes up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First grow journal

8. I wouldn't run the second until flower personally.

Grow journal

• Like Like x 1
  9. alright thanks, I was thinking maybe it could target some of the side/under branches. I'll just stick it on when I switch to 12/12.

Here's a makeshift drainage rack for my plant earlier -

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First grow journal

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nah really no point until veg... the 135W is more than enough to veg one plant... you could honestly veg 2-3 with it as they just don't require to much light to grow leaves and branches so long as they aren't stretching terribly... but come flower is when all of that extra light matters and will help fatten up the buds and make em nice and dense.

Nice drain rack I need to look into something for when I want to do a scrog... won't be to hard since I'm planning on using 3gal fabric pots next grow to flower with

Grow journal

• Like Like x 1
  11. Some lst to try and encourage some of the lower/side branches to grow out

[​IMG]

First grow journal

• Like Like x 1
  12. Looks good. She's growing at a nice rate now.

Grow journal

13. Looks good man make sure you train her to be nice and short unless you have room to grow up

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. Im gonna scrog, set it up last night just need to grab the string tonight and I'm gonna put it in later. It's already pretty short so hopefully it will just fill out the scrog

First grow journal

15. Yeah but now with one less main cola because I snapped the little branch after topping

First grow journal

• Like Like x 1
  16. Man look back at her pics two weeks from now and you will not even remotely be able to tell. They grow fast once they get going.

Grow journal

17. I hope so.
    So the scrog is done, should I stick it under there now you think? Or wait for the plant to grow a bit more . I measured it so it's an inch or two above the current plants height

[​IMG]

First grow journal

18. So I think I may have found why my plant is staying so short and not growing much recently... I just watered and measured the runoff - it was 6.0. I believe this is close to, if not a complete nutrient lockout. Maybe the plant isn't getting the nutrients I need because the soil ph is too low?
    I re watered with ph 7.6 water and got the soil runoff to 6.4, I think this should help a lot so will see how it's doing in a day or so.
    See latest pic

[​IMG]

First grow journal

• Like Like x 1
  19. You do not have a nute lockout she's growing fine please do not fuck with anything or you are gonna end up fucking her up... I never measure runoff and always ph water to around 6.0 and my plants grow fine. Nute lockout doesn't show in the form of a perfectly healthy dark green plant... it shows in the form of deficiencies.. your plant is growing right on track you just have to be patient and let it do its thing.

Grow journal

• Like Like x 2