First grow journal - NYC Diesel [Curing]

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dankmass, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Time to transplant into final 5 gallon pot? Thoughts?
    The plant has reached the edge of the pot and the bottom leaves are getting stuck on the ridge.
    Also ... is it normal for my plant to be staying so short? This is meant to be sativa dominant which I thought grow tall?

[​IMG]

First grow journal

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hey there, I am quite new as well here, reading up and learning more every day!

From the pics, looking at the leaf structure of your plant, looks to be more Indica leaning imo? Anyone else agree with this? The leaves seem to be way too wide to be a pure sativa.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hey bud, that's exactly what I'm thinking too. I mean it's supposed to be a hybrid but sativa dominant I think like 70%. But I'm not seeing the height or the thinner leaves. I guess I won't know until I smoke it! Lol

First grow journal

4. Maybe the seed company screwed up. Or maybe it's the 30% indica pheno that shows itself as dominant once in a blue moon. My special queens a 50/50 hybrid and shows a hell of a lot more sativa characteristics imo. But again lots of strains have odd phenos that show up from time to time.

Grow journal

5. Weird, I hope it's not indica dominant, I bought sativa because I wanted a sativa...lol
    Here's a pic of what they came in - pretty legit.

[​IMG]

First grow journal

• Like Like x 1
  6. I bought straight 100% indicas because of my height restrictions and whatnot lol I wanted plants just like yours.... neither of the bastards germinated lol (shark widows) I really wanted to try them too. I'm just glad the special queen had sprouted or I would of been pissed off. lol I had already just had a grow that turned out to be 4/4 males a week before I wanted to quit but said fuck it and ordered fem seeds online lol. I do love my queen though she grows great and smokes great. she also doesn't stretch terribly awful like a 100% sativa nor does she take terribly long to flower only 8-10 weeks. Lol this one I just harvested was only on like day 55-56 of flip and she's getting me high just fine.. already has an amazing smell and taste and burns white and hasn't even cured yet lol.

Grow journal

7. Anyhow long story short... when you harvest 2 months into flower instead of 3 months you'll be happy you got that pheno. You could always pop another bean and see if it grows the same way. Have you seen pictures of that strain growing? Do they not look similar at all?

My bagseed will start off with really fat leaves and then start developing smaller thinner ones like my SQ's towards flip.

Maybe she will surprise you come flip

Due to their strong sativa influence, the plants tend to grow quite tall, much of this growth being seen during the flowering stage; don’t expect a dense, bushy plant with closely packed flowers, but rather well-spaced branches and nodes.

Grow journal

8. Wow that sucks! Does the seed site not have a germination guarantee or anything? That's why you spend a few extra bucks for fem seeds lol
    Where do you get your seeds from? I wanna try me some queen

First grow journal

9. No I haven't seen any pics of the strain growing only the final bud. So it's hard to tell. Yeah maybe she will shoot up when I switch to flower. It's my first grow so I'm not gonna be mad if it turns out something different aslong as it makes it to the end and smokes good I'll be happy!

First grow journal

• Like Like x 1
  10. Got mine from the vault. And I wasn't to upset I was just happy one of them germinated lol. I never even messaged the seed bank afterwards. Now if I would of bought some beans that were 15+ bucks a pop it'd might be different but the shark widows were only like 4-5 bucks a pop and the special queen was a freebie though it can also be purchased for cheap. Idk I normally don't have a problem germinating so I was just thinking maybe they were on the older side or something. I very well could of screwed up though I'm not perfect but idk never will either lol.

Grow journal

11. Lol true, although I'm gonna be pissed if all 5 of mine don't germinate haha, these were about $10 a seed. They have a germination guarantee though so They will send me new ones if they don't pop. Yeah maybe they were old seeds or something

First grow journal

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yeah either way the special queens good and I've been cloning her so I don't have to buy anymore seeds. Also I know how my plant will grow lol no guesses of how large to grow my plant before flip or how long it'll take or anything it's all just about dialing it in and improving quality now

• Like Like x 1
  13. Transplanted into final 5 gallon pot, watered which was mixed with a small dose of Nutes.
    Hopefully the bigger pot will encourage some vertical growth, still so short and I can't figure out why?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First grow journal

14. So I'm going to start the scrog tonight. Question - how tall should I make the scrog? Just above the current height of the plant?

First grow journal

15. No you are probably gonna want to put it a foot above or so... you really wanna try to get some more branches going on her so she actually fills it out... also come flip is when it really gets filled out correctly during that stretch. Tie her down some to start getting some side branching going. Top her if you haven't topped.

Grow journal

• Like Like x 2
  16. Ok thanks. Yeah I topped last week, you can see the two new growths on the top - everything is just staying so compact though. So you think tie down some of the side branches?

First grow journal

• Like Like x 1
  17. No tie the main branch down over to the side... it'll help the plant branch out more... you'll start seeing more branching coming from the side of the main stem that's now being hit by light.

and staying compact is fine... you want it to stay short and bushy but you also want it to start getting more bud sites and branches.. it'll all fill out the scrog during 12/12 stretch when they reach for the light.

Grow journal

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gotcha, think maybe I've left it too late to lst though? The main stem is thick, and fairly short. Not sure how it will react to me bending or tieing it down, hopefully I don't pull it out of the soil

First grow journal

• Like Like x 1
  19. That main stem will bend fine... I've waited till my plants were twice as big before LSTing just tie it down as far as it'll go but you'd be surprised how far it'll actually go.

If scared about pulling it out of the soil tie a string around the base and onto the opposite side of the pot you plan on bending the plant.

Grow journal