First grow journal - NYC Diesel [Curing]

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dankmass, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Yeah makes sense, I do not have perlite in my mix though, just FFOF and FFHF 50/50, in a smart pot = drains very well. It's been doing fine so I will measure the runoff in a day or two when I next water. Thanks for the help man

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nice it seems to have worked well! That's a hell of a first grow, fingers crossed you see it through to the end with no problems.
    I just topped my plant, hopefully it didn't stress her out too much! Topped at 4th node, as low as I could get without hurting the new growths.
    See pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Looks perfect just don't panic cause it'll take time to recover from the trauma

• Like Like x 2
  4. topping autos can increase hermaphrodism by ALOT. be careful with that ..depends on genetics ...but I've seen it alot .
    better to tie them down ...

GFP

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

5. This isn't an auto. Just a fem sativa seed

6. Thinking of doubling up the light and adding an extra Mars Hydro 300W LED next to the one I have now. Thoughts? Worth it?

First grow journal

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hell yeah that's potentially an extra 80-100 grams or so if done right.

Grow journal

• Like Like x 1
  8. If done right...?

First grow journal

9. Depending on the grower... my last grow I was running 1 panel and a few CFL and got a QP with two plants on the smaller side. It's average to get between 2-4 ounces with the light... I'm just saying if you are a good grower with experience who gets on average 1gpw you could get an extra 135 grams.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Right, so you think potentially another 300w led could get me a few extra oz?

First grow journal

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Id personally let her recover a small bit, grow another node or two from the previous topping, then top both main sites again. I also really enjoy training my plants into a scrog, something you may want to consider

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks Conjeff. So top the new growth sites after they grow a couple of nodes? Or top the main stem again when it grows back...
    I looked into scrog but I want to get the basics down before I do that I think, potentially next grow

First grow journal

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yes the new grow sites, wait until they grow a little first though. These two new grow sites will be your two new main stems from now on. You won't be able to top the main stem/original stem you topped again.

Yeah good idea, get your first grow finished before trying it. But id try it next grow, its quite simple and very effective. Really ensures you fill out as much of your grow space as possible, and keeps all sites close to the light. This simple training method can really help to increase yields.

14. Sounds good, yeah I will definately look into scrog for my next grow. Thanks for your help man!

First grow journal

• Like Like x 1
  15. On your first grow I wouldnt suggest growing for biggest yield. Just try and get your plant all the way through first and learn what you can. You cant really tell anything about what your yield will be like on your first grow. But it does get bigger and better each grow. Good luck.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Yeah I completely agree

First grow journal

17. New growths are coming through, plant has shot up overnight! Because of more access to light?
    Here's some pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First grow journal

• Like Like x 1
  18. after topping the plant starts to bush like crazy.

Grow journal

• Like Like x 1