First Grow Journal. I did all my Homework, dedicated to OSG [252 Watt Sharksbreath]

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by LovingTree, Dec 22, 2010.

1. I am dedicating this grow to my friend Oldskoolgrower. He has done everything for me. He has taught me about growing, but also life. Thanks for always being there, I consider you a second father to me.

Seed: Sharksbreath Feminized

Sharksbreath Feminised Cannabis Seeds

"
    Highly potent and a connoisseurs delight, Sharksbreath Cannabis Seeds are easy to grow, producing an amazing flavour and smell. The short, stout, plant packs on frosty and very dense colas.Best grown in a Sea of Green, feed her heavy and provide good air flow to prevent bud rot. With a yield that is constantly above average, this plant is often called a 'Cash Crop'. She's an excellent plant to breed with as she is very stable and has proven herself as the mother of the Martian Mean Green!"

STATUS: Seed germinated! Look at that healthy guy. SPROUTED IN 30 HOURS!

[​IMG]

Growing Supplies:

- Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil
    - Grow Big
    - Tiger Bloom
    - Big Bloom
    - Ph Testing Kit (liquid)
    - Distilled Vinegar to balance Ph
    - Mini fan
    - 252 CFL Wattage
    - 3 Gallon Bucket for veg/flowering, styrafoam cup for sprout
    - Milk Jug and Spray bottle
    - Measuring Supplies + Funnel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Getting it all set up:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I was glad to help. No need to dedicate it to anything but our shared love of the plant, brother ;)

3. No new updates yet. The seed hasn't sprouted, so hopefully tonight or tomorrow it does

The soil looked reallyyy dry and brown on the top, so I gave it a small feeding of Ph adjusted water.

The ph level is 6 once adjusted.

I didn't give the seedling too much water, just enough to make the soil damp. Hopefully it has been getting enough water, as I have only been sprinkling water for the past few days.

4. Good luck on the grow, I'll be checking it out from time to time.:)

5. Just don't overwater it either. You should be fine. Seedlings do like some moisture. Make sure you let it breathe as well. Tenting it is good because it will retain humidity but they need fresh air once they start growing.

EDIT: And oh those lights are too close for a newborn. Move them up a good ten inches until it starts to grow to maybe the second node, then move them halfway back. Once she has true leaves you can worry about light saturation ;)

6. OH NO!

one of the hooks that supported some of the lights fell over!

The adhesive wasn't strong enough to support the bulbs, and the bulbs fell over, and knocked the pot plant and the fan down.

Everything was a mess. the soil was spilled, and the sprout was no where to be seen.

That was my last seed too :[

I think I need to revamp my grow set up.

Any ideas and any seed recommendations =/ ?

This is truly heartbreaking.

7. Hey OldSchool i've been looking at Highgrade myself my biggest concern is there pretty cheap are they trustworthy if they say it's trainwreck are you getting trainwreck?
    And to the OP i picked up a circular shop light at walmart and took three "Y" splitters and put 4 bulbs in it it works great. Here's a pic of the shop light it cost 10 bucks.

Attached Files:

• 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      34.2 KB
      Views:
  8. I've only tried a couple strains but they were excellent. Other growers I know have used them and gotten just what they paid for and then some (they always send a few extra seeds).

9. Good to know man i appreciate it. Is there any drawbacks to regular seeds vs Fem other than greater chance of female with the fem? Or is it all riding on lighting conditions?
    To the OP sorry to sorta take over the thread but thought id keep it alive till you return. Any way we can all learn from OldSkool he obviously is a legend on here...:)

10. I never, ever use feminized seeds. Proper care can get 60-80% females from regular seed, and almost all 'feminized' seeds are really just from herms.

HGS charges a fair price. Most seedbanks are WAY overpriced.

11. Nice choice on the nutes by the way thats the route im gonna take. On a side note i was lookin at the fox farms line-up and noticed the powdered nutes they have they are way more expensive then the liquid but i read that they are worth it anybody have any experiance with them? And can you use them with the liquid nutes that the OP has pictured or would that be over kill? If you had to choose between the liquid or powdered which would you go with?