first grow journal auto Himalaya blue diesel

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by xXSASquadXx, Oct 14, 2011.

1. #1 xXSASquadXx, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2011
    i only got one blue diesel seed and its germinating right now in a paper towel. my other seeds are still on their way. i got diesel ryder, auto bomb, berry bomb, grapefruit, and white widow seeds. what do you think is the best/fastest method for germinating? i soak my seeds overnight then fold them up in wet paper towel, then put that on a plate and put another plate over it. but that takes a couple days, i was wondering if anyone knows a method that will sprout them overnight? ive heard of this happening plenty of times, but ive never heard the method they used.

ill be using foxfarm ocean forest soil with AN grow under a 105w cfl and two 25w cfls for veg. for flowering ill use some AN big bud and molasses, then ill use overdrive and hopefully i get some budcandy. i have a 250w hps for flowering im just waiting for the hood and ballast to get here.

this is the setup they will be in until i trade rooms with my mom, she has a bigger closet..

[​IMG]

does the light need to be on before it sprouts?

2. #2 hostileguy, Oct 14, 2011
    no the light does not need to be on. germination takes place in the dark (and moist) places.

and please reupload the image elsewhere or just add an attachment.

would be interesting to learn the "overnight" germinating method though! :smoke:

3. #3 Bongsauce, Oct 14, 2011
    I sprout my seeds in a ziplock with a moist papertowel inside...or if I'm doing more seeds I use a small food container with a moist papertowel inside. I just set em up on a shelf somewhere..no additional heat. I've tried doing them in slightly warmer areas but they usually rot or don't sprout. It's a fine line between too hot and just right..so I just leave em at room temp now.

Mine usually take 24-48hrs to crack, then they go into moist medium with a little piece of baggie laid on the surface. The small piece of plastic helps to keep the soil from drying out and is light enough that the seedling can lift it up and out of the way when it sprouts. (which takes about another 24-48hrs)

4. what about the period in between germinating and sprouting? does it need light then?

5. i found a pretty good method on thcforums or whatever. the fastest ive heard of..

whats a propagator?

6. propagator would be like a heat mat I guess..

They don't need light till they're above ground...then keep the lights close so they don't stretch