First grow journal: 3x3x6'/400wmh/HPS/Bagseed

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jeb420, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Hey guys new to GC decided if I'm going to give it a shot I should probably journal it for help/the learning experience. I've floated the idea around for years but just recently got around to getting my supplies.

I ordered the whole thing from worms way, plus a few additions

DarkRoom II DR90, 36" x 36" x 72"
    Sunspot 6 Reflector
    ION Electronic Ballast, 400W
    Sunleaves OptiLUME HPS, 400W
    DureBreeze Inline Fan 4", 171 cfm
    DuraBreeze Carbon Filter, 4", 300 cfm
    DuraBreeze Ducting, 6" x 25' with 4 Zip-Ties
    Duct Reducer, 6" x 4"
    Sunleaves Digital Min/Max Hygro-Thermometer, Small
    GroXcess Rope Ratchet 2 pack
    Blueprint EZGrow Timer 120V, BET-1
    Technaflora Recipe for Success Starter Kit

I germinated using the 24 hour submersion method then right into FFOF. The seeds went into the ocean forest on 5/21/16 and seem to be doing alright. Last night I made the mistake of mixing "soil blast" in my spray bottle and trying to spray it on... Needless to say my little ones didn't take to it very well so I came home after work and flushed what I could.

Let me know what you guys think! I'll update as I go! I haven't put any other nutes in it yet, I heard FFOF was super loaded so I'm going to wait at least 3 weeks from sprouting to feed them any nutes.

These pics are from the last few weeks...
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Also, I plan on transplanting into 5 gallon fabric geopots with a 75/25 FFOF perlite mix, I'm hoping at least 5 of these turn out to be female.... Fingers crossed!

3. Well... I think I ran into a problem, my leaves seem to be twisting?!

This is a current picture... Someone please help a guy out on what I can do to fix this!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Seems maybe my wavy leaves problem may be cause my over watering, regardless... Here are some updated pics from this morning with close ups of the wavy leaves[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. Well... I lost all of my photos from my cell due to not backing it up for 55 weeks. Damn ICloud.

Anyways... Here are some updated photos. I pulled a few definite males out.

At this point I'm 5 weeks from sprouting.... I'm hoping females start to show sooner than later![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

There's the updates! I plan on flipping to 12/12 once these babies show sex.... I have some feminized SLH, WW, jack flash #5 and afrodite... I want to get started asap but don't want to waste the time and energy I put into this bagseed grow.

Let me know what you think!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. nice looking operation! im subscribed :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. This is from a few minutes ago... Some doing pretty well, a few with what seem to be cal mag deficiencies. I need these things to sex so I can transplant the 5 best... Close to root bound so I may just pick my 5 best and give the other 3 away to my friend regardless! Come to think of it, the fact that it's getting close with the pit size may be the cause of the yellowing/spotty brown leaves.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There are definite differences in some of these plants from the others, some super bushy, some tall and lanky. I'm thinking about switching to flower to have them show sex then transplanting? Bad idea?

8. i think you can force it by switching to 12/12 for like 5 days then see then go back to veg light. youd need to look it up though

9. Sweet I'm definitely going to look into that. That would be optimal given my limited space. I'll do some searching around and report my findings.

10. Seems to me that doing this could A. Stress them to hermies or B. Work completely fine just take a longgggg time to revert back to veg. 4-6 weeks is what I'm reading.

I think I'm better off just flowering and transplanting them into bigger pots when they show sex. Doesn't seem like it will stunt the growth too much.

11. If you have a separate space you could root a clone and put it right into 12/12 to definitely learn the sex.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Yeah I wish I had a separate space. I didn't think about it until I ran into this problem.

I want a separate veg tent eventually regardless so I can perpetually harvest. Live and learn!

• Like Like x 1
  13. It wAs tough enough convincing the wife of this space lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. Goo I was assuming thered be some time to revert back to veg but I didn't think that long. You could check my thread on how I put a 1x2x3 tent together for 16$ lol.

If you substituted the 1.99 white tarp with 10 panda film it would be like 24$ lol your girl can't get mad at that haha

15. Sweet dude I'm gonna check it out. It's not the money, it's really the fact that I have a 3x3x6 box in our mid renovation basement lol. I put the Reno on hold when my tent showed up.

I'm definitely going to check that out and make me one to clone/veg in.

16. Hahaha oooo. Just build a grow room. Get two birdies stoned with one joint

17. I have it in the plans... I framed a closet area out on one end of the basement and behind the wall for it is a 4x6 space that will be drywalled and accessible from the rear.

I got impatient and wanted to grow. Now the inspectors are stuck out for at least the next few months lol

I will finish after this round... Maybe LOL

[​IMG][​IMG]

18. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Yellowing/brown leaves... Looks like a cal mag deficiency? What do you think? Just gave them 5ml cal mag with their watering this morning. I've given 5 ml cal mag with every feeding, and used technaflora recipe for success every 3rd.

[​IMG][​IMG]

19. I'm bad at nutrient diagnosis. I'd hate to steer someone in the wrong direction cause I don't know a whOle lot about that part of growing.

How many time are you watering them though? I should wait for a response but the leaves look super droopy like it's getting way too much water

On my NL I thought I had a cal/mag problem but I saw my FF stuff has calcium but no magnesium so I added two pinches of Epsom salt in with the water. When I thought this my leaves were very dark green and plastic looking also Almost folding like a taco shell. I was either right or lucky cause the problem went away

20. You could try a straight water flush. Run like your pot size X 2 gallons and try and start from square one. Like get any build up out and then start the nutes back but at a reduced amount. I've done it in the past with success