First Grow- Jedi OG Kush & Deadhead

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by hbbum, Mar 29, 2013.

1. So my first grow, at first I though I was going to go hydro until I realized that it was probably a bad idea for a first grow, this was my first small box I built using an old bathroom vanity
    [​IMG]

I left them in there for about week under a 90w LED while I built my bigger cab:
    [​IMG]

I had some heat issues when I had my LED and 3 42W CFLs

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Working on the new grow box:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Picked up a 400W HPS for $40
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Heat issues with the cab, not enough airflow so I ordered a big ass inline fan.

Right now I have a desk fan blowing in tht in ports and a big computer fan pulling air out which is keeping temps fine for LED + a CFL

The Jedi is doing pretty well with some LST:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Deadhead, not doing nearly as well
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. I thought I had a bit of nute burn and planned on flushing them but did not end up flushing them after all.

I had given them nutes not long before I posted (1/2 cap in 1 gal) which was the second time in 10 days since I put the clones in soil from rock wool. They had some browning on the leaves which I was told looked like nute burn (it may still be).But when I went to check on them after light out, the growth was quite noticeable and they looked pretty good.

What I did change was I actually used 1/2 cap of grow big and 1/2 cap of tiger bloom and the girls loved it. They seem to be doing quite well now. I will post up some updated pics tonight. Not sure if I need to flush them or not. I will be heading out of town for a couple days so will give them a heavy watering in the morning and hope that last them the 4 days.

5. Picture update. Jedi OG is doing great, every time I lst her she seems to love it.

[​IMG]

The deadhead on the other hand is not so much, does not seem to grow at all. I was concerned before because I left the rockwool on them when I put them in soil and so I removed it carefully and this ones roots looked pitiful so hopefully she is just concentrating on growing roots (any insight would be appreciated). She is also drinking much less water half or less:

[​IMG]

6. Looking good! Hopefully, the other plant will come around soon. Don't give up on her :)

7. Alas, my lady Deadhead has passed :(
    [​IMG]

My Jedi is doing great though. She seems to love the lst.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Do you think I need to move her to a bigger pot?

I took a clipping from the Jedi while I was doing the lst and threw it in a rockwool. No cloning gel and I only took one so we will see what actually happens :)

8. Quick update. Jedi still going strong, transplanted to a 3 gallon pot which likely caused a bit of stress since I could feel the tiny hair roots at the edge that had a good grip on the bag, it also took longer than expected to do the transplant.

I am headed out of town for a couple days so a little transplant stress is probably good to slow her down until I get back.

[​IMG]

9. Still growing under LED + 2 CFLs, still a little worried about the heat for switching to HPS.

Growth seems pretty good though considering I just transplanted 3 days ago:

[​IMG]

I really want to put her into flowering once I get comfortable with the cooling of the HPS.

10. Cant u flower under LED? No heat issues ;)

~Nikki

11. I could, but from what I understand it would be a pretty big hit on the harvest. I also have the 400w HPS so I may as well use it.

I have a new inline fan installed, I just need to re-mount the HPS and get a temp reading with the new ventilation. Just been a matter of timing since I have been traveling the past couple of weeks for work.

12. Gotcha! ;)

~Nikki

13. Plant is still doing well, had a little trouble since it did spike to 97 when I first put in the HPS. Once I got the temps down to the 88-90 range she seems to like it way better than the LED+CFL. I wish I could get the temps down more, may put her in Flower to control heat and make some other mods before the next grow.

I also gave her some nutes yesterday morning and the soil was already dry by this morning so I gave watering, about 75OZ. Not sure if that is from the HPS the growth spurt or both

Updated shot.

[​IMG]

14. Jedi is absolutely exploding under the HPS. Considering switching to flowering soon since I am about out of horizontal space, still can move up though.

[​IMG]

Here she is in the cab. I think for my next grow I need to forgo the LST so I can fit 2 in the cab. I also need to remove the fan on the floor to get more space but right now it is keeping the heat down. That will change once I get my new cool tube.

[​IMG]

15. Update time. I am thinking I will switch to flowering the end of this week to get this grow underway. Going to grab some cuttings today or tomorrow to see if I can get a couple clones to take. Here are some pics:

I think for my next batch I am going to forgo the LST so I can possibly put 3 plants in. I guess it will depend on how my clones work out.

Attached Files:

16. Grabbed a few clippings for clones today and this will be her last day of veg lights, after they go out today I will give her 24hours of dark and switch to 12-12 (on 4-20). I would have kept vegging longer since I have a bunch of vertical space left, but she is already scrapping all four sides horizontally and my fans are having a hard time moving the entire canopy of the plant (I think the circulation is much better with the door closed).

[​IMG]

17. Switched lights to 12-12 on the evening of 4/19. I will try to get pics outside of the light before lights out today if I can

[​IMG]

Growing like wild, literally climbing up 3 out of the 4 walls. I am going to see what other training I might be able to do to get her a little better under control.

18. I am headed out of town for a couple days so a little transplant stress is probably good to slow her down until I get back.
    [​IMG]

19. More complete pictures:

First grow so if anyone thinks I may need to add anything let me know, I have been easy on the nutes only using the FF 3 every 2-3 waterings. Not sure if it should be greener or if the color is good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Update time again. Bushier than ever. I have tons of pre-flowers showing but have a bit of a problem with the canopy not being very even. I have adjusted my light and did some additional training to try to optimize light penetration.

I have noticed that my top leave are much lighter than the bottom leaves, not sure what is causing it, may just be that all of the top stuff is new growth and is filling in.

Attached Files: