First grow.. Jasmine x Trainwreck

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by doom3crazy, Apr 23, 2010.

1. word, i thought i was the only who still said that, lol, hell yea switch over to 18/6, i just switched to 12/12 on mine yest. but remember less is more, if you can put one big ass bulb in there verus 2 or more you can cut down on the heat and clutter

2. Ya reason I am doing more bulbs is because my home depot or lowes doesnt carry actual wattage of cfl lights over 27w. Or im just not looking the right place. the 27w daylight 5000k bulbs were the best I could find.

3. Well the way you have them right now, that other bulb is doing jack shit, reflector or no reflector.

[​IMG]

You can think of no possible way to get that turned the last 45 degrees? When you put your Y splitters on, maybe you can hang it like a tent over your plants?

4. I just might ha. I thought of putting each lil extension cord thru the little hooks on a clothes hanger. Since the arms extend out, I should be able to cover both sides. two bulbs each side

5. Ok i think i fixed da problem woot!
    [​IMG]

And here she is at the end of day 9(she has been out in the sun all day, the real sun ;) )

[​IMG]

6. I've lost count of how many times I've said this so I decided to make a little graphic in paint to illustrate my point. CFL'S PUT 80% OF THE LIGHT OFF OF THEIR SIDES. The way you have them right now, you're not getting the most out of your light.

[​IMG]

Do you see how most of your light is escaping? Ideally, you want your lights perpendicular to your plants, but since you seem to have some trouble getting them that way, I would switch your lights around so they are hanging over the plants like a tent.

7. oh dude im sorry I totally didnt understand what you were saying, I got ya now tho. I feel stupid :eek: Im gonna switch it and ill post a pic, im sure I can figure a way to wrap them together ha

8. Wassup Man, look around at other CFL grows and get a "Y" socket. You can still use the "plug-in" socket your using now, just screw in a "Y" socket, most hardware stores, Walmart, Homedepot sell them for like $1.50. The 2 bulbs would screw into the top 2 points of the letter Y and the bottom point screws into your plug-in socket. You can check out my thread or most other CFL grows to see what Im talking about.

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-g...l-cfl-tent-grow-feminized-chrystal-wwxnl.html

9. So this is what you meant right?

[​IMG]

10. Yeah, but for right now while its so small, push the pot closer to one bulb and rotate periodically. When it gets a little bigger put it back in the middle of the bulbs and raise lights as necessary. Good luck.

11. Honestly, and I'm not expert, but for 9 days she's really stunted. I think you need more lumens.

12. ya im gonna go get two more 27w daylight bulbs tomorrow and some y splitters. So it will be a total of 108w.

13. There you go! I was getting so frustrated because the perfect example I had of an awesome CFL system got deleted and I couldn't explain it that well haha.

They're still a little to far off to the sides, but as soon as it starts taking off and you do some LST, it'll be perfect (assuming you do get the Y splitters and extra lights)

14. Here it is again hehe. I changed the lights closer and added a second reflector. Ya ya? :hello:

[​IMG]

15. now your legit!!!!!:hello: maybe now we can focus on somthing else in your grow room for awhile lol

16. hehehe :) I was like dammit, I gotta make it look right :rolleyes:

17. i get the same feeling, i think ima make my light hood that i made into a two bulb tomorrow or at least put another light in there, just to be safe

18. What's the temps in that room again? Like, can you take a measurement right next to the plant?

19. MUCH better! ;)

20. LOL! :bongin: Yeah get a small fan now.