First Grow - Jack Herer

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Muscobe, Jan 6, 2017.

1. #1 Muscobe, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    Aa

2. setting up the grow space. Seeds are germinating now in Jiffy Cups, I'll use CFLs for veg and then switch to LED for flowering.

Attached Files:

3. You will be OK, remember your plant can triple in height and you will need 24" above that for your light. So just plan according! Good luck

• Like Like x 1
  4. Why did I pick one of the hardest strains to grow for my first grow you might ask? Because I'm a fucking idiot...but here goes

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks, I'm thinking of training them to reduce height and get a higher yield.

6. Keep light close to prevent stretching, LST the plant to keep it short and increase yield. Scrog for even canopy and if they do stretch in flower, learn to bend them. This will help if you have low head room. Flower early if you don't have the head room. Sativa for sure will double in size and maybe triple so like DankDolph mention, plan a head. You will be fine. Challenge are worth the reward in the end.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
  7. Grow space is 6.5 ft high, 3 ft wide, 2 ft deep, or 39 cubic feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Req for led is 24" from highest point of the plant but you can get away with 14"-18".

You have 77inch height room.
    77 - 24 if you go led req is 53inches.
    53" - (10") pot size for plant (guessing only could be taller or slightly shorter depend on gallon) = 43".
    43" in space, would mean 21.5" if it grow double in height and 14" if it triple in size. So don't veg it over 2 feet, and lst will help you keep it short and bushy for more bud sight.

9. Awesome, thanks for the advice!

10. I'll probably only have room for one or two plants in here I'm thinking (I have three seeds germinating). I'm wondering if I have enough light? Right now I plan on running 4 60w CFLs for a total of 3200 lumens. Think that's enough for veg?

11. greetings from the EC! you may want to step up the lumens a bit, while veg requires less it's always better to provide 100w equivalent of CFL IMHO per plant in veg, then double that for flower

12. Ok thanks, I have 100w bulbs and will incorporate some of those as well.

13. I also use viparspectra also and they are pretty good sturdy led.

14. [​IMG]

2 out of 3 beginning to sprout!

15. [​IMG]

All set up for transplanting, when ready.

16. I love Jack, and any strain crossed with Jack it is a well rounded yet unique sativa.
    My dad lives in Colorado, and has a small personal grow, he was having heat issues running a hps in his tent, so my brother did research on what led to buy, in September decided to get him the same light you have.
    I was intrigued by this light, now it's legal in cali and I have friends asking for clones, so I've been giving plants to friends that want to grow. I gave 6 to a friend and told him to buy the viparspectra, he bought two 300 watt lights. Now that I'm seeing it in person, I am impressed, I'm thinking about picking a few up for my grow.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. OK, so this is my current setup after transplanting. I have the three plants under the 300w LED (24" away per manufacturer specs), and 180w of CFLs. I used a store bought organic soil and mixed in about 15% Perlite. I'm staying at a range of 75-80 degrees Fahrenheit and about 25-35% humidity. The soil is moist, but not over wet, in checking on these babies multiple times per day (partly because it's just fun to look at how fast they are growing).

Any addition thoughts? Advice?

Thank you in advance!

18. #19 Muscobe, Jan 13, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    N/A

19. I've noticed the soil is dry every day so I've been watering more than every 3-5 days as I have read is recommended and I just gave them a good soaking before this picture was taken. The plants seem to be doing well, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing any steps.