First Grow-Is She Healthy?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Lukaszade, Jul 1, 2015.

1. I'm a bit concerned that she's not getting enough light or something,there are no branches as you can see.
    She's 4 weeks old.
    I just added another lamp as seen in the last photo,I'm pretty much just using whatever I can find.Really not interested in spending 500 on equipment for growing a plant.
    Just give me some constructive criticism.

Attached Files:

2. Yeah that's not enough light man. I get that you don't wanna drop 500 into but you get out what you put in.
    That being said this looks like more of an experiment on growing. Kinda testing the water's and feeling it out.

General rule of thumb is at least 100w for one plant. If you wanna see this plant through to the end you'll need more light. You could spend like $50 at Walmart on a power strip, some plug in light sockets and a 4 pack of bulbs. When growing with CFL bulbs go by actual watts they use not equivalent to.

Also your pot is way too small. You could invest ~$75 and see it through or just let it got awhile longer and chalk it up to learning before you grow more. But for what you're working with, not a bad job.

3. He's right about the light and the pot.
    I'm guessing the plant is pot bound already.
    And yeah, it's looking healthy!

4. Alright thanks guys,I'll buy some more lights.
    It shouldn't be root bound as I transplanted quite recently but I will put it into a bucket as I've seen others doing it.
    You're right I'm just testing it out,learning bit by bit.
    Appreciate the feedback!

5. I'd suggest getting a smart pot over a plain plastic one. They do so much better and cost less then a 5gal bucket.