First grow. Interesting start.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Greenmanb, Jun 19, 2011.

1. #1 Greenmanb, Jun 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2011
    About 1 1/2 weeks ago I set up my grow box and started germinating 2 seeds. My box is made out of 2 wooden boxes originally used for vegetable shipments for a grocery store which are stacked length wise on top of each other. It is lines with mylar. My main bulb is a sunlite brand 105w, 5000 lumens, 6500K CFL. There is also a lesser watt 2700K bulb for supplemental light.

The conditions within the box are usually 77-85 with lights on. (depending on the weather or if the AC has been on) and humidity is usually about 60%. I keep a small container with vermiculite in it filled with water to help keep air moist.

Originally I just started 1 seed. About 2 days later my girlfriend started her own seed for a separate grow. While my seed started first, it took much longer to start its second set of leaves...maybe a week while my girlfriends seedling popped out its second set after about 3-4 days and is growing quite nicely now. However my seedling looks "mutated" It is producing very small leaves but in multiples already. Looks like there are 3 sets of leaves coming out instead of 2 and they are twisting. I did a little research and from what i read it says that it's referred to as 'trifoliate' and that it can correct itself later in life. Has anyone heard of this?

Despite concern I'm going to let it grow and wait and see.

These are unknown strains but should be from seeds of some dank buds i've had within the past year or so which i set aside from the not so good bud seeds.
    Any thoughts? Thank you :)

Attached Files: