First grow - inside/outside

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by homegrown93, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Heloo! I'm starting my first grow this year. I already have 4 little (almost 2 weeks old) plants started inside. I initially wanted to grow indoors completely, but decided not to, so I will at some point have to move the plants outside.

So I heard of a "training" or strengthening method - you start the plants inside and you put the outside everyday for a couple of hours. You keep increasing their time spent outside until you transplant the plant outside. This way it's less likely to die outside because of shock or being too weak.

Also I was wondering if there's any way to make the plant flower earlier and faster and harvest earlier?

I'm currently growing inside my room with sun-light and a small 60W lamp in the evening. The thing is, I have to move the plant from the light (table lamp) whenever I'm not present, so my parents won't find it. Or I have to hide it for 5min if they enter the room. So my plant's lightcycle is pretty messed up. Do you think this could harm or shock the plant? Should I only use sun light, and move the plant in a dark room after the sun sets or should I keep using artificial light a couple hours a day?

Thanks for the answers! :D

2. bumpity bump

3. Well, I've been moving my seedlings outside at about 3am when its quite cold so they have a few hours of dark before the sun comes up, sit there all day, then when the sun goes down I move them inside underneath my CFLs.

They're doing fine so far.

Using 3 20w CFLs for a total of 4k lumens inside a hobo growbox inside.

Not dead yet...

4. Dont grow in your parents house without their concent, and knowledge.

Once you have you own place, then you can grow indoors.

5. @gamma90 Thanks, I looked it up and hardening is almost a must if you transplant from in to outdoors.

@MaineCronic I'm 18 which in my country means that I can make decisions myslef and also that I'm responsible for these decisions. If my plant gets magically discovered in my house by the police, I'll get in trouble not my parents. Also they know I smoke, just not that I grow. And living with my parents is also one of the reasons I decided not to grow indoors. I'm just looking for a little help, not a life lesson.

And if anybody can answer my the question about harvesting earlier and the lights, it would be much appreciated :D