First Grow- indoor 600w HPS

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by zack7ten, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Hey guys first time grower here. i started with a 5x5x8 tent AC cooled. i also have a 600w HPS with being cooled with an in-line can fan. im limmited to the one in line so ive attached my carbon filter to the other end of my HPS Hood. I have 20 clones in coco (7/10 coco/perlite). 12 budda tahoe and 8 Holy Grail. they were vegged for 2 weeks under two T5 flourecents. I am about to start the begging on week three in flower. i justed added CO2 last night and two fans for air circulation. Im feeding them 850 ppm mix of A&B cana nuts at 6PH every other day (2 cups). the oppisite days i am giving them 0ppm 6PH (1 cup). that is to try and prevent salt build up at the base of the plants in the coco. like i said this is my first time and any feed back would be greatly apprciated. thanks :D

Attached Files:

2. 20 plants in that area? No..

Well I guess since you're only running a 600w.. why not run like 6 plants under that and get the same amount of herb? If you flower those out that small under just one 600w, you'll get like 7g per plant.

Also, why do you need two threads with the exact same issue?

3. Id flip em now those are stretchy as fuck

4. #4 Freeborn, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2013
    Sprouted feb 1 flowered feb 21 it's 4 ft tall just a prospective this is chemdog
    image-2451094105.jpg

That all looks very nice man well thought out organized well done I think you have a lot of fun ahead and some heartbreak as always

Slam that light down bro

Sent from iPhone 5

5. 4ft tall with 1ft of bud... what's the point?

I don't get the alure behind this grow style.

This is day 25 of flower for me, 4 weeks veg, 7 plants. Front three range 3-3.5ft from top of soil to top of cola. The back four range 4.5-5ft

ForumRunner_20130325_213730.png

ForumRunner_20130325_213745.png

6. #6 Freeborn, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2013
    That's one I have in this race on here lol not normally how I grow lol

image-3412381757.jpg

I top once supper crop then grow for a week and flower around a month and a half veg
    Sent from iPhone 5

7. uh anyways back to op grow and search for advice. First, why did you veg 20 plants under two t5's? That's not nearly enough light, and you had a 600 watt hps just collecting dust? Just because HPS are meant for flowering doesnt mean they dont work for veg, next time have that puppy running the whole grow, or get a MH for veg. If your scared about it being to much light for the clones start it very far away and move it closer everyday. Either way i guess for this grow i would say veg another week and train those bad boys through that fencing you have to fill that tent out, with the stretch you get the first 2 weeks of flowering you should be able to fill it out. cant tell how far the light is but you might be able to get it closer,those plants are super stretched and spindly but idk if thats from growth before adding the HPS

8. Guy, he's been in flower for 3 weeks.. these plants aren't worth the light bill tbh.. I'd say cut them and grow somthing managable under that light.

9. Agreed ^

Sent from iPhone 5

10. i didnt veg them under the T5s my friend did. after i recieved them i threw them straight into flower becuse my lease is up 6 weeks from now. im only looking to get about 10-14gs per plant. and i would like to lower my light but the takes away from the plants on the outsides and may be to hot for the ones in the center.

11. they already averaged 14 inches tall when i recieved them i trimmmed the lower branches to focus the engery on the main 3-4 to try and get as much from the 600 watts as i can.

12. Good that's right or what I would do

Sent from iPhone 5

13. I veg under t5s sun blaze t5 high outputs 4 8s to be exact and I'm killin my buddy's veg who uses 2 600 w mh sounds nuts I know but I recommend giving em a shot

14. 12 under each

15. i actually have a GSC cutting i managed to obtain under two hydro farm 4 bulb T5's right now and its doing great! very impressed them.

16. #16 hello2314, Mar 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2013
    Not trying to be mean but this makes no sense. With the amount of vegetation on those plants you should'nt have trimmed a damn thing. Sometimes in SUPER crowded grow rooms its okay to cut of a LITTLE bit of the lower growth to direct energy to the top but with how much vegetation is at the top of those plants the light would have made it past the top and been collected by the bottom growth. Now each plant has barely any leafs to collect the energy put off by the light. I'm sorry to say this but you should prolly just stop this grow, i know you want free nugs real bad but imo this grow is not worth the risk of going to jail, and with a 600 watt running on those little things its just so inefficient i would just take the 60 dollars your gonna spend on electricity and buy some bud from someone. Sorry man, not trying to be mean.
    EDIT: I went back and looked at the pictures and the plants have a little bit more to them then i thought and its only 600 watss and changed my mind a bit, fuck it go for it I guess.

17. Not sure if did'nt look at pictures or just does'nt know anything about growing. (Philip J Fry face)

18. i am a prop 215 patient no worries about jail. but i do understand my stems r way to tall. im doing the best with the plants i was givin. i will be posting my next grow from seeds after this one. they are also short on leaves becuase i had a slight photasium def. that killed 2-3 leaves per plant. but ive ajusted my nutrients and they seem to be rocovering. will upload a pic tonight.

19. :wave: hello everyone
    quick update,
    Girls are startin to mature nicely. Great pistol development and trichome build up is looking promising.:hello:
    i purchased a green light so finally got see them sleeping and snap a few pics

Also i decided to biuld a small veg chamber in my closet using the two T5s i had lying around.:D
    in the space i curently have 4 jack Heirer clones recovering that i took from the mother last night, three holy grail clones, one El Jefe clone, two GDP seedlings, two Cheese seeds in rockwool cubes just planted yesterday and three bagseeds in one rockwool cube J4F.
    They are on a 18/6 and getting 0ppm water as needed
    :bongin:
    Let me know wat u think and any advice is welcome.

Attached Files:

20. Hey whats up bro?? I finally made it! Looks like you got a few haters already though.. Go away haters! No one here needs crappy advice or to be made fun of on their first attempt at this.. So shutup or go away.:rolleyes:

Ok back to the grow.. Looks like you have had the light a lil bit too far away from these ladies. Now it's ok if the outer ones don't get as much light, but you need to drop that 600 about 12-15 inches from the tops of the plants. There's still time to get loads of bud my friend! :D

Now the key with having as many plants as you do with just one light is rotation.. I turn my girlies a quarter turn everyday. Once they make one complete rotation, or every 4th day, I shuffle them all around in the tent so everyone gets equal light distribution. The taller stretcher ones will be further away from the light, with the more squat ones being right in the middle.

I'm not telling you what to do, but if you want more bud outta this run, you will do what I say. Cool deal? The next cycle, you can go back to this way of you don't see a dramatic difference in the way that I'm saying.

Ok so first things first... Drop that light to get it closer to the plants! They need some more light so try will grow huge delicious buds for ya. Do that and I'll check back later to see how it's goin. Hope ya do.;):smoke: