First Grow in the Secret Dungeon

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by PristineGreen, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Welcome to the journal, this should be a lot of fun. I'll be putting up as many pics and explaining on how I am doing things as much as possible. Maybe I can help some people who are starting but am sure I will learn more than I can teach anyone at this point. Any and all advice is appreciated. Not sure if there is a certain format for grow journals but I want to explain a little bit about the space and grow before I jumped into the stats and pics.

It's only my second ever grow but it's my first time doing a online journal and my first time at the new place, luckily it has the perfect space. It's actually a secret closet inside our master closet bedroom. My landlord is CRAZY but cool and also a fellow MJ lover ....Anyways long story short is my landlord bought the house in the middle of construction and had the builders put a secret closet in there with a small window and a mirror door. She used to use it as a dungeon or would use the small window that see's into the bedroom as some weird sex shit(my gf and I got her high and finally got the truth on it) There were hooks for chains and even a cell door in there still when I finally got a high powered magnet to open the mirror door. lol. After battling disturbing thoughts I have it clean and the room is ready to roll. Enough catching you guys up on the crazy landlord for now. Stats are as follow.

Room Size- 6'0"L, 3'0"W, 8'0"T

Medium- Perlite, Fox Farm Ocean Forest, Canna Coco Natural Medium (I layer my medium with perlite on bottom, ocean forest and than coco)

Lights/Vents- 600w MH/HPS, with CFL, gonna vent the heat out of the small window through a vent

Strains/Pots- California Connections Blue Dream Haze & Barney's Farm Pineapple Chunk in 5 gal buckets these two are my focus plants I also have 4 autos that will be in there in 2.5 gal they are auto masszar, auto Girl Scout cookies, auto Pineapple Express and Automatic AK

Technique/ Training- I will be SCROGing the Blue Dream Haze and Pineapple Express in mobile scrog buckets, the auto's are gonna be topped once and left alone for the most part.

Hope I didn't miss something...feel free to give advice and here are some pics

• Like Like x 1
  2. image.jpeg Pics of how I layered the soil with perlite only for the bottom than FF with Coco on top

• Like Like x 1
  3. I got the idea from my brother. He's a arborist and has grown in the passed he suggested the roots would hit the mutes when they were a bit more mature and could handle it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 3 of 4 of the auto pots

Attached Files:

5. Room before cleaning image.jpeg image.jpeg

6. image.jpeg And the room after cleaning image.jpeg

7. sweet

• Like Like x 2
  8. image.jpeg image.jpeg And finally the girls who have been soaking for about 3 hours only....seeds have always kinda fascinated me, so cool that such big things come from a little seed but I guess we all came from our dads sack so...

9. image.jpeg Constructing one of the SCROG buckets. It's coming along pretty cool....the blue dream haze and the pineapple chunks will call these buckets home. They won't be starting in these buckets but I wanted to get them done before I had to rush it.

10. Successful germination for all 6 seeds. The Pineapple Chunk cracked a bit later than the others. I have them under CFL's only for now waiting on the new new lights. Has anyone used "iPower" lights and hood before? IMG_4149.JPG

11. This is going to be the layout I saved some room in here for clones later and hopefully when the autos are ready I can make it flower and veg room. I'd like to do a perpetual grow in here but not sure if I have enough space. IMG_4141.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  12. Hope you happy growing!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thanks, it really is addicting!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Ya man I'm following along looks like you've done some research lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  15. Nice! I know a lot of people like to condense them but I couldn't help but start from the beginning....plus I may need the help.

16. IMG_4160.JPG IMG_4159.JPG Should have used the Eagles as my username cuz I'm spending a lot of time "in the city"....bad jokes aside a couple of the girls have pushed out of the dirt and have sprouted and I bet by now a third has as well I could see the dirt cracking like she was about to push out. The first two to sprout were the auto masszar and the auto Girl Scout cookie, next one out will be the auto Pineapple Express.

• Like Like x 2
  17. A change in the grow plan! Amazon couldn't deliver the light but I just went for it and got a LED light from Craigslist. It's the mars hydro LED 410w light. That and the CFL's filled in should be plenty....I hope

• Like Like x 1
  18. How many plants u doing ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. IMG_4168.JPG
    I have 6...4 of them are autos that'll probably end up under CFL's for the most part. Here is a pic of the room set up with the new LED light up. The 2 in the Red solos will be in the scrog buckets

• Like Like x 2
  20. IMG_4206.JPG IMG_4208.JPG IMG_4209.JPG So far 4 of the girls have sprouted Blue Dream Haze, auto masszar, auto Pineapple Express, and the auto Girl Scout Cookie. Waiting on the Pineapple Chunk and the Auto AK to pop out....Just smoked a couple strains called Headband and Dirks OG for the first time. Really like the Dirks OG....off topic but a sad day in the sports world losing José Fernández at only 24 and his two friends and of course a legend Arnold Palmer...Here's some pics I just took

• Like Like x 1