First Grow in need of guidance

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Always_Lifted, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Started with 4 different kinds of bag seeds I have collected over a few years. 1 blueberry 2 OG Kush and 2 different mystery seeds I got from a friend. Planted 6 plants all together hopefully at least 2 make it through to the end. Used 50/50 organic miracle grow and perlite in solo cups. I currently am just using a basic $20 growing light I found at Walmart but I plan to buy a couple 250 watt cfl ' soon. Just a little low on cash right meow. germinated all 6 seeds then planted. It has been 17 days and I ended up replanting the plants because my original soil was only organic miracle grow . I also wanted to plant them a little bit deeper then they had been growing because I want to try to keep them under 1 foot maybe a little bigger but I want to keep them small and bushy. I just been looking for a little guidance help and advice so to all you helpful experienced growers out there I am a noob at this but plan to work hard and learn everything I can possibly know. Will be posting some pics later if you want to just leave a little advice I'm really open 2 suggestions and help anywhere I can get it.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Read up on training, especially topping/LST. Keep CFLs close except for the higher wattage ones. You may need to have a little more space from the high wattage heat. I'd recommend a 400-600w setup vs. a couple of 250w CFLs. You'll get more buds and have more control over temps with an air cooled hood. GOOD LUCK!

3. I have been reading about topping and LTS. Do u have any suggestions on a website to purchase the lighting cus I plan to upgrade my lighting in a week. Also I haven't adjust the pH of the water(just use tap water) at all due to an unexpected lack of funds for materials, but can this harm the plant growth if I all of a sudden start. I will post the pictures tonight!

Thanks!

4. Like they say pic's or it didn't happen.

I failed to mintion one of the mystery strains is only a week old because I dropped the light on 3 of them and one died.

But on a serious note I'm worried about the blueberry plant because it has not shown growth in a week. The seed was small but mature it was brown with stripes.

I just replanted all 6 because the medium I was using had no perlite and I wanted to plant them deeper because they were very top heavy.

I will also have a unlimited playlist of Rasta jams for them to listen to.

Attached Files:

5. They look like they are stretching. You should move the light much closer for now.

6. The first pic is the one after I moved the lighting it's about 4-5 inches from top of leaves

7. #7 BxHaZe87, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2014
  8. Fortunately your plants aren't big enough to worry about PH yet since their not taking up any nutes and shouldn't be given any for the first 2-3 weeks. All the food your seedlings need is stored in the first 2 sets of leaves, the 2 small round ones and the 2 single bladed leaves. If you decide to go with chemical based nutes then yes PH is very important for their over all health of the plant or if you go with organic nutes then PH isn't as important because with organic nutes your relying on the beneficial microbes in the soil to break down the organic nutes for the plant to absorb. For an organic grow you need a good base soil to start with. As for buying lights sometimes you can also find some good deals on craigslist in your area just make sure the seller will let you power it up and run it for 10-15 minutes.