First grow.. in for the experiance

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by craziazn1469, Dec 1, 2007.

1. This is my first grow, and from a seed we just barley saved from being smoked :eek:
    Didn't expect for it to actually germinate, but it did and I was totaly unprepared.. here's my makeshift grow.."room." Deff. not the best set up, especially for a widdow seed :(:(:( but it has to do for now. Read as quick as I could around here and other forums and all I know is that for the first few weeks//until 3/4th pair or of leaves come out leave it under a fluro for 24/7, the NPK ratio should be 20-10-10.. I have something like 12-9-7 or something, closest thing I could find for the latter ratio in G-pa's guide.

Right now, I have it under a 20 watt fluro, water it daily via spray bottle w/ water i ran thru a brita filter a few times :p I'm in the process of trying to scrape up enough money to get maybe an aerogrow to see how it works, I've heard good and bad, and I'm planning to have it grow like a bonsai tree, maybe try and get clones off it later when I have a suitable environment. I have a fan on it, just enough to keep it around 20*C.
    Pics of rushed room. about 1 week since sprouting
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tips/Ideas/Any constructive criticism is greatly appreciated

2. you need more light more watts. you can see it stretching for light.

3. yea i thought so, wasn't all that sure. I'm not sure what kind of bulb to get and such, or how many more lights to put in.. Yea, I'm trying to suck up all the info I can off the city but its hard to surf around when parents are in the same room and while i'm supposed to be doign hw :p

4. just a quick thought, if you need to worry about parents finding it, it may not work that well. weed gets a lot stinkier in the growing process than you may think. If you want to keep the plant, you're gonna need a better hiding spot.

5. Don't grow in your parents' house. You could get them in a lot of trouble and put their house in jeopardy, bad karma. Wait until you have your own place.

6. Yeah, I agree. Dont grow in the rents house, unless they know b/c you are just going to be wasting your time until they find out. My parents know and dont care so I can really take care of my plants w/ lights and all the stuff I need. Plus if im not home and they need somthing, then my mom can always do it for me. :hello:. But if you are absolutly going to do it no matter what. atleast get some cfl's and put it in a cabnet. Since HPS would prob. not be conveniant for you.

7. its really hard to keep a setup hidden from parents unless they sit in a chair all day. but if your willing to do it. get like 2 42watt CLF's

8. hahaha yea i realize that it's going to start to smell soon, i have a shed outside where i put my paintball gear and stuff, as well as the :smoking::smoking: pleasure =]
    i'm planning to move it there, i've been looking into the refriginator idea (posted on youtube), and make use of the mini fridge inside there. either or, my parents are smart enough to believe me when i said my gf found some seeds and because she's such an animal and nature lover she wanted me to plant them to see what they are, as our little "baby". :p i'm planning on moving it soon tho, outside and into an actual controlled environment.

about to have some purple lavender :hello::hello: lateski

Edit:: my parents also work all day, come home and work some more. not the strongest family relationship, but it gives me time to enjoy my smoke instead of being a typical chinese child. =D

9. Update::
    Haven't changed the soil.. just watered, changed to two 26 watt fluros, planning on getting more watts once i get more money (christmas shopping. heh.) and started gathering supplies for building these two things::
    DIY DWC Bucket
    http://www.rollitup.org/view.php?pg=faq&cmd=article&id=662
    DIY Stealth Growbox (Might have to register to view, not sure =P)
    http://www.greenpassion.org/diy/225-diy-stealth-rubbermaid-growbox.html
    First time experience with all of this, still just doing it to learn the ways of MJ. For anybody that knows about DWC, is it safe for me to transplant the plant from soil to DWC? All i've seen is that you should put it in when still just sprouting or if its a clone.. also does anybody know what kind of nutes I should use? I'm looking at earth juice.. but other than that i'm pretty unsure and confused as a mother. also, too late for rockwool i'm assuming, what kind of medium should I use?
    [​IMG]
    Added one more fluro, changed bulb
    [​IMG]
    Size compared to Resistance.
    [​IMG]
    Top view

10. looking good man. Keep up the good work.

11. well i agree with some other posters, you shouldnt grow without permission from your roomies or parents whichever ur living with, because you are not the only one taking the risk.

but since ur gonna do it anyway, you are gonna need some kind of smell control, i have 1 flowering plant and it reeks of MJ in my room all day. and its not the most potent of MJ. id sugest some type of homemade carbon scrubber i hear great things about them. search the forum.

12. or just move the light as close as possible without burning the leaves(dry the shit out of them)

13. yea i'm starting to wonder if i should commence growing in my closet.. or in the shed outside (smoking shed.. 2 layers of carpet, bench/chairs, tables, hidden stash spots all over, mini fridge and lights. heh) how well does a carbon filter work? i also heard that a dish of vinegar will work?
    Her leaves seem to be starting to droop.. i'm not sure why tho. and its either my eyes with the lighting or the first two leaves seem to have a yellowish tint but only on the underside =[ otherwise, leafy green and gorgeous.

14. leaves were oddly droopy today.. i tested ph and read around 6.0 =[[
    tried flushing, ph didn't change much at all.. just repotted w/ fresh dry soil.

hope she makes a comeback :(