First Grow In Brand New House!!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by brayden420, Aug 19, 2007.

1. So i finally got my house i was telling you all about. I started a new grow on August 6. I purchased some Speed Queen from Mandala Seeds and a generic white widow skunk cross from drchron a few months ago and i only have limited space right now until i figure out where exactly my grow will be ( i have an empty unfinished basement) So i only germinated one speed queen and 2 widow skunk. They sprouted in the less than 24 hours obviously the speed queen was the first:smoke:. i transferred them to small pots and on the 9th the first codly. leaves hit the surface. I modified an old Phototron i bought when i was a teen, with 4 CFL's 2 daylight and 2 bright white

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All the seeds germinated but the 2nd widow seed never made it above ground. So i am left with one of each and a 50/50 chance they will be female. I didnt fertilize until about a week of 18/6 light but now i am currently using a 15-30-15 bloom booster that they seem to really be responding well to. Right now they have bee growing for 10 days and altho the speed queen has had a little head start the widow skunk isn't far behind here are a few more pictures i just took today i am thinking of starting to either FIM or LST or both So thats my story so far i will be giving plenty of updates and i love taking pictures of my babies so i hope you enjoy!!!:wave::hello:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bump this thread!

3. they look pretty good!

How old are they?

and how many watt cfls do u have on each?

4. Currently i have 2 (23watt) daylights that put out approx. 1300 lumen/each and another 2(23 watt) bright white that put out approx. 1500 lumen/ each and right now they are 11 days old

5. Nice looking so far, i have a crop that i started at the same time as u and 1 of mine is WW also, so il be folowing ur tread.

6. so i tried my hand at fimming (or i might have topped i guess we will find out ) here are the pics if anyone can tell if i did it right by the pics that would be great thanx

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. the first one is the white widow skunk cross and the second is my Speed Queen

8. so i have a very understanding wife (most of us must to be doing what we are doing) she unfortunately doesn't get high but doesn't mind me getting high either. So my predicament was growing in our new house when she wanted all our family and friends over to see the new house so i decided on this for an answer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

what do you all think i got it from walmart for $80 and it took me all but an hour to put together the dimentions are 28 x69 x20 (W x H x Depth) so it is pretty large considering anywayz it has a lock and it cam already painted flat white what more could i ask for so from now on i will be growing in here and junking my old phototron (R.I.P) and with the top and bottom seperate sections makes it perfect to veg and flower my babies which is ultimately i have been going for i really think everything will come together and make my first harvest worth all this work and $$$$

9. any new pics or updates?

10. so this is what the cabinet looks partially finished i wont add anything to the bottom until i have everything to keep a mother and clones anyways the top has plenty of room for the two original plants i hope one is female because i will initially take enough clones to fill up the bottom section

[​IMG]

i also tried my hand at a little LST i also found some plant training wire to hold my plants to the side instead of tying them to the side so tell me what you think

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ALSO if anyone could tell me why the largest fan leaves on my speed queen the edges are turning brown ?? it doesnt seem to be effecting new growth but it does worry me since this is my first grow

[​IMG]

11. Soil might be acidic, might be too much food or not enough flushing. Most likely the ph though, have you done any runoff ph readings?

12. i havent done any run off testing all i have is a soil ph meter what would i need to bring it back down to the correct PH ??

13. So i think i might have solved my problem i hadn't completely read the box my nutes came and i think i have been feeding them twice what they should have been so i diluted the remaining mix with 50% more water and i also transplanted them into bigger pots and gave them a good pure water flush i guess we will see what happens.

s o i got more pics of my babies sorry its been so long i have been working alot lately GOTTA PAY THOSE BILLS!! but yeah so my speed queen is a short bushy plant while my white widow is a taller skinnier plant does anyone see this being a problem with my lights only being able to move all together

TO MY SUPRISE the root systems looked great on both and even tho the speed queen was a shorter plant it was almost root bound while the widow could have gone another couple weeks this is the most interesting grow i have ever done (all bagseed) anywayz here are the pics

white widow X sweet skunk
    [​IMG]

SPEED QUEEN by Mendala Seeds
    [​IMG]

Speed Queen after pic
    [​IMG]

White Widow (get well soon)
    [​IMG]

SO COME ON TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK I DONT POST PICS SO I CAN LOOK AT MY GROW I DO IT FOR YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:

14. grow yourself some respect dude lol no need to shout and ask for replys

15. No ANYWAYZ so i am pretty sure my white widow is a male i seen one ball on the very top i couldnt get a good pic but i will have updates soon i also switched to 12/12 this morning as i am at just about 4 weeks veg and i really hope my speed queen is a female i am putting it in 12/12 just to see what sex it is then i might just put it back to 18/6 until i can get a few clones and get it a little bigger

16. So i culled the male and i am down to one plant my Speed Queen which is good luck if it turns out to be a female (they say females are last to show) anywayz i took a few pics of the male before i threw it here they are

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

also i thought the stem looked really twisted and cool looking so i took a pic of that i took the ties off the plant about a week ago when i assumed it was a male

[​IMG]

these last pics are of my speed queen definately more of an indica pheno with its short fat leaves i just hope it is female then i might try taking some cuttings because this plant really responded well to my LST actually the "TOP" is in the way back almost touching the soil hard to believe HUH ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HOPEFULLY NEWLY FORMING BUDS?????????????

[​IMG]

17. So if I'm doing the math right... You just re-potted them, and they're 3-4 out of germination?

They looked pretty good to me, except for the unfortunate nute burn in the last pic. I hope they recover. They could probably go on nothing but water for awhile, couldn't they? Especially if you just put them in more fresh dirt.

You could probably put them closer to the lights, too. 23W CFL's don't really get "hot", they just warm up your cabinet if it's not vented.

Congrats on the new house!

18. How did that old phototron do for you when you grew in it?