First grow, i can see the Light

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by heyurabigloser, Nov 27, 2006.

1. hey everyone i am new to this forum and have been growing for a couple of months. My ladies are in their 5th or 6th week of flowering. I have been using the foxfarm trio for the last 2 or 3 weeks and had a few questions about how much i am mixing. I have been using a 2 gal watercan and putting 4 tsp grow big, 4 tsp tiger bloom, and 2 tbl big bloom. does this sound right? I am following the sheet of paper i received with the nutes. Should i be following the directions on the back of the bottle instead? the reason i ask is because the amounts on the back of the bottles is around double what i have been doing. btw i cut one of the buds off to take a test smoke and cant wait to try it.

Attached Files:

2. Keep doing what your doing, great looking plants. What u using for lights?

3. I am using 4 4' flouros, 1 2' flouro, and 8 cfls with varying temps used in two reflectors.

4. im impressed considering that your using fluros and Cfls. Mayne I hope buying that 1000 watt HID pays off in my grow. Buds are pretty small right now at week 2. Seven more weeks to go.

5. Good luck tenacity and thanks chimera. Does anyone have any thoughts on my question about my nutes? I am feeding them tomorrow and was wondering if im feeding them the right amount.

6. can anyone give me an answer as to if i am using the right amount of ferts or not? i really need to be sure because i need to feed them today sometime.

7. i don't know the reccomended ammount, but if you have been doing it for a while i think it is good, i dont' see any problems with the plant.

how close are you to your harvest? if you are extremely close you probobly should just flush with straight water..but if you still have over 2 weeks left keep it coming

8. im debating as to when i am going to harvest. I know if i keep it up for another 2 weeks i will have a better yeild and what not but my parents are coming to visit this weekend so i am stumped. do u think the weed will smoke alright and be fine if i harvested the day before they showed? im using a closet and can lock the door but there is still some decent odor coming from it plus im not sure how i can explani the extension cord going under the door. They have only been in flower for around 5 weeks and i would really like to keep them going for another 2 weeks. but im just not sure. any advice? i can get close-ups of the buds if that would help.

9. you are probobly going to need more time then that, just a guess, but 6 weeks is quite short..

10. thats what i figured. looks like ive got to make the closet super light proof. lol. what should i tell my parents when they ask about the extension cord? any good ideas would be appreciated.

11. ...uhh, put a rug over it?

12. So nice, Flors get so much flack from ppl yet look what can be produced. Dude, good job. as for the neuts, you can follow the recommendations or cut it down a bit as they usually exaggerate the dosages so you buy more product. typical tactic. as for harvesting, DONT DO IT YET!!!! Do you like eating green bananas, or green oranges, hell no. Its the same thing. The fruit is not ripe.

13. wow your doing a great job! how do u ventilate that room? is it in a closet?
    I am about to start growing in my closet, but im scared that my plants wont get enough fresh air.

14. Where did you get that two foot fluoro? Ive been looking all over for a 2 footer that plugs in.

15. Thanks for the info and encouragement everyone. its good to hear.

Firstgrow, yes it is in a closet and i have a 6'' inline duct fan with a diy carbon scrubber on it. I also cut out a hole at the bottom and placed a fan blowing into the room. As of right now it gets kindof hot during the day so i have to keep the closet door cracked when i am at home. It is just temporary because next semester i will build a cab so its easier to conceal.

Hootskers420, i actually got that light from underneath my kitchen cabinets. I was able to find them at home depot though so u could check there.

Yeah i guess i could put a rug over it and ignore any questions from my parents. Actually i just went out and bought some better weatherstrips, the V-seal from walmart, and ive gotten it completely light proof. So..... any body got any reason why they would have an extension cord going into their closet? If i can think of something remotely believable ill be scott free.

16. Good stuff going on there from fluros + rep.

What if you put a lamp or something to make your closet smell good into it and act like its powering that? Basically any device that would normally take power or look like it does, so use it as an excuse...

17. It powers a device to keep moths out?

18. maybe a dehumidifier because i have old important secret fraternity stuff in there....? The odor thing sounds like a good idea too. If anyone has anything else clever just chime in.

19. PERFECT EXCUSE... if you have internet at the place! It's a closet server room that your roomate, friend, etc setup. Tell them its running a FTP or webserver so it needs power (throw a ethernet cable under door too). Put a cheap lock on it if you have to and say the box is expensive so your not taking any risks.

20. They would actually probably believe that. good job. can i give rep for that. lol