First grow, hydroponics. A few various questions.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ambience, Oct 22, 2009.

1. #1 ambience, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2009
    Okay so I have recently done so much reading, and have drawn out so many plans that its not even funny.

To give you a basic idea of what I am going to do, is in a closet, with a 400w or 600w HPS, I plan on growing 4-6 plants in the Rumpleforeskin bubble buckets.

I have a 8' x 2' x 8' closet. I was planning on making a DIY grow tent like this one here:

DIY extend-a-closet GROW TENT - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

I was wondering if you guys thought space in the closet would be sufficient or if one of those grow tents is necessary?

This is where I really messed up. I was thinking so much about set up I neglected to consider plants that have the same flowering period, and/or light cycles. My seeds are as followed:

1x Alaskan Ice - Feminized
    1x Orange Bud - Feminized
    2x Automatic Blueberry - Feminized

I figure that the alaskan and orange bud would have no problem growing together, under the same light. However, I was wondering since I read that the auto flowering blueberry requires a constant cycle of 20/4. Would I be able to grow the blueberry under the same HPS light with the same cycle as the orange bud and Alaskan ice? Considering im doing bubble buckets, couldnt i just put in the appropriate nutrients in the separate buckets when needed? I am going to email the company i went through to see if my order has been shipped or if I can modify it.

If I cannot, and am stuck with these seeds, would it be best to do the blueberrys by themselves either under a 150w HPS or various CFLs? I have multiple closets (2) to use, but the 2nd one is smaller, but could easily fit the 2 auto bb.

Also IDK if this is a problem, but I am going to be using fox farm nutes, with the regular plants (not with the autoflowers as i hear it decreases yield) I will be doing LST by gently wrapping string around the stems/stalks and then duct taping that string to the side of the bucket.

Also how beneficial would it be to have 2 sep grow rooms? One for veg and one for flowering? They would be in separate closets, in sep rooms that are right next to each other, but as I said before the other closet is not as large: 5' 3" x 2' x 8'.

please let me know if im forgetting anything important, and let me know if you would change anything. Thanks everyone for reading this and your time.

EDIT: I actually just got a email back from the seed company and it looks like I will be able to change my seeds to the following:

1x Alaskan Ice - Feminized

2x Kandy Kush - Feminized

2x Masterkush (Dutch Passion Seed Bank) - Feminized

These all have similar, if not the same flowering times, so will if im not mistaken, I should be fine having all of them under one light and on the same light cycle? Thinking about it more, sep rooms would be better due to the dif flowering period of each plant, yes?

EDIT 2:

What lights are best for veg, CFL? Ive read about so many dif. opinions in types of CFL but the most uniform opinion I could find was 32w at 6500k temp. with the most lumens possible.

I found what seems to be a decent site for lighting: Light bulbs, Rope Lights, Halogen and Fluorescent bulb - 1000-Bulbs - The Light Bulb Superstore
    has anyone ever used the little reflectors they sell or anything like it?

Also how many of these lights do you think would be necessary for a veg room?

[​IMG]