First Grow: HPS 150, Megagarden

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by drizzy17, Feb 6, 2011.

1. This is my first post so whatsup everybody. I have some questions about this setup im trying as this will be my first time trying to grow. Im trying to grow around 3-4 mothers.

My main worry is that the HPS will be too hot for the babys considering the growlab isnt all that big, lol if you couldnt tell right now im on a budget. I would like yalls opinion on this setup and any tips or extra advice to help me out. Thanks

Megagarden
    Megagarden System |

150 HPS Sun System Grow Light w/bulb
    150 HPS Sun System Grow Light w/bulb |

GrowLab Horticultural Grow Room - GL60

GrowLab Horticultural Grow Room - GL60 |

i also am using the gh flora series for the nutrients, and then some bud x when they flower.

2. Nice little set-up. I started out with GH Flora nutes too. Good stuff. I have since moved on the Advanced Nutrients. For suck a small grow space, you should definately consider growing autoflowering strains. You could grow two or three of them in there. Maybe even four of the smaller varieties.

3. My experience with the 150 watt sun system hps is that heat isn't too big of a deal. I can have the plant's tops sitting about 4" away roughly from the bulb and have it sitting at about 78 degrees. If you can set it up so you have a small outlet fan, try and make it so you have airflow blowing right under the bulb/right above the tops.

You can get maybe 1 or 2 plants real close to the light, or you can spread it out over 3-4 plants but get less intense light.

4. Thanks for all the insight guys. Im taking notes over here lol. So ive decided to choose white widow, blue mistic, and purple haze to grow. what do yall think about that?

5. well those are all indica. i would pick atleast one sativa. if youre ordering off nirvana buy rasperry cough, if off attitude go with KC Brains Brasil x(something) its only 17$. but thats just me cause i like sativas. and indicas. get tired of the same strain.

6. What do you think of super silver haze