First grow, Hows it look??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sharky, Feb 20, 2007.

1. This is my first grow, I am flowering under a 600 enhanced spectrum HPS...These pics are 3.5 weeks into flowering SOG setup...am I doing it ok? Had a slight problem 4 or 5 days ago as several of the plants started yellowing all the way to the top...added some more nutz with nitrogen and they are all almost recoverd...20 plants here, anyone estimate total harvest?? Plant sizes range from 18 to 22 inches..

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      73.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      60.6 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      76.4 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      70.4 KB
      Views:
    • 10.jpg
      10.jpg
      File size:
      87.9 KB
      Views:
  2. looks_very_nice!!_how_far_is_your_light_from_your_sea?_defintely_a_nice_set-up.
    looks_about_QP_size.

3. damn man looks well nice, wish i had a HPS bulb, seems to give nice results, from my beginner perspective plants look nice and even, beautiful lookin buds congrats!

4. I have an air cooled fixture for the HPS and I have it about 18 inches above the plants for full coverage

Attached Files:

• 1c.jpg
      1c.jpg
      File size:
      45.2 KB
      Views:
    • 10.jpg
      10.jpg
      File size:
      39.9 KB
      Views:
  5. HPS_do_wonderful_things._nice_duct_work_looks_really_well_put_togther._my_future_plans
    are_to_get_a_250watt_HPS_for_my_cab._the_buds_get_huge._what_kind_of_temps_are_you_seeing
    Light_on/off_do_you_have_a_h2o_heater?

6. Someone did their homework - NICE grow sharky! Keep us posted.

7. first of all, Well done. Very nice set-up here.
    Buds looking very stinky........

I see your using the light movers.... How effective are they, i was thinking of getting a pair.

Cheers.

8. Yes, they are very stinky, but love the smell...the air from the grow room gets sucked through the carbon filter, then through the light fixture to cool the light down and finally up through the top of the grow room into the bedroom i have it in....no smell in the bedroom, but unzip the grow room and the wonderful smell pours out.....I have 10 grand daddy purples and 10 sweet tooth plants in here. No light movers, don't need them for the grow area as its only 3' x 3'. temps flucuated from 68 (night) and 82 (daytime) with grow room closed up. Humidity between 42-53%

9. First of all, I like your setup sharky.

It looks to be a very simple yet very effective design.

I have been thinking of setting up something similar with a 600 watt HPS\MH.

The only thing I have not been able to figure out is the size of inline fan I would need.

What size fan are you using in your setup and where is it located in the ventilation setup?

Thanks and good luck!!

10. Everything looks amazing, especially for a first time grower. It looks professional almost.
    The only thing I would say is the duct work needs to be fixed. A 90 degree bend in a duct reduces airflow by 60%, so that 180 degree turn must absolutely kill it. I'd just try to limit the turns and make them as gradual as possible, but it looks like you only have the bends because you have such limited space.
    Otherwise, damn good setup and looks like you'll have amazing results.

11. Its a 6" blower mounted to the charcoal filter with material wrapped around it to make it a little quieter....with everything closed up and the bedroom door closed you can't hear it..

12. Thank you for your comments, yes, I do agree with the bends being to drastic and it is because i don't have a lot of room in there...as soon as this grow is finished I am going to try and remedy that situation

13. Ok sorry, not light movers. The little cords holding your lights up. I can see them in the photo - they apparentley let you raise and lower the lights very easily........how are they really ???