First grow how we doin?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kellyk3059, Feb 25, 2013.

1. First grow cabinet , bag seeds, 2 about 2-3

Weeks... 3 sprouts about a week.. Another 10 seeds germinating. All thoughts and criticisms are welcome. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Ditch the transparent containers. When roots hit light they stop growing. Eventually your roots will hit the walls of that container then they will simply stop there growth.

3. It's only right that the dude would give me my first advice. Thanks ill do that asap. Also I am thinking of cloning labeling each clone then 12/12 the parents to sex. Any words of wisdom for that. Again thanks for the advice I appreciate It

4. Never really tried cloning but there is a nice section here in the forums on that.

12/12 from seed I have done. You really dont cut any time out since Cannabis requires about 20-30 days to be mature enough anyhow to flower then 2 months on average to flower. What you will end up with is a small plant which works if thats what your trying to. My 12/12 from start to finish basically took the same amount of time just small plants.

If its your first grow I would just attempt to get through this one easily by keeping it simple. That way you can use it as a baseline for the future. Growing is generally all the same each time and with each grow you can try something new. Once you have one under your belt you'll find each one to be very similar unless something quirky happens like insects or mold.

5. I agree, no light on the roots. If milk jugs are all you have, spray paint them black first. Also, you might want to toss a fan in there; even if they aren't getting too hot or anything. Air circulation is pretty important.

6. Alright I transplanted to bigger/ not clear pots. Thanks for the tips

Attached Files:

7. Any problems with 24/7 lights? I'm running 7 (100 watt equiv ) CFL's 6500k

8. You have drainage holes in those homemade pots, right? I only ask because I see a lot of beginners making that mistake.

I also noticed that your soil looks wet in today's and yesterday's photos. That, along with the droopy appearance of your plants leads me to believe you may be over-watering. You should always give your soil time to properly dry out between waterings. 3-5 days seems to be the average, you're going to have to get a feel for it though. I go by weight. Remember, over-watering is typically not caused by the amount you add, but rather how often you add it.

As for 24/0 lighting, it has pros and cons...but many growers have been successfully using this schedule for a while now. So I doubt you'll encounter any problems because of it.

peace.

-BB

9. Thanks BB, I so have numerous holes drilled. And i do think they are being over watered, thanks for the advice it's appreciated and ill keep up dating when it's necessary.

10. Not bad for your first grow. I'm on my first grow too, but I'm doing hydro, ebb and flow setup. I would like to keep a good mother in soil in case hydro system failure.

I have 3 bag weed seeds going now, and several White Widows germinating. I'm going to stay simply with the soil, CFL and LED in tent. Hope you continue to post, would like to follow your grow. Your plants are 2 weeks ahead of mine.

11. Egg
    Thanks! I've been researching for awhile and finally had this cabinet come available so here we are. Id like to see what you have going if you can I've been doing research about some seed companies and am considering ordering being in NE U.S. I'm a little worried. If anyone reading this has an advice DM me or post... any info would be appreciated.

12. What are the watt draws of the cfls? Because what might be okay for veg, might not be enough for flower.

13. I'm running all Sylvania Micro Mini CFL 23W 120V 60Hz 380mA CF23EL 865 6500K Light Output 1,450 Lumens
    Using 3 clamp lights with dividers ( 2 bulbs per reflector) plus a bulb using the outlet adapter (more for side/ under branch lighting..see pic)

So for a box that 2ftX 20inch X 20 inch... I have 10,150 lumens. Would that suffice?

Attached Files:

14. [quote name='"kellyk3059"']

I'm running all Sylvania Micro Mini CFL 23W 120V 60Hz 380mA CF23EL 865 6500K Light Output 1,450 Lumens
    Using 3 clamp lights with dividers ( 2 bulbs per reflector) plus a bulb using the outlet adapter (more for side/ under branch lighting..see pic)

So for a box that 2ftX 20inch X 20 inch... I have 10,150 lumens. Would that suffice?[/quote]

Well you want about 5k lumens or more in flower per sq ft so eh could be better but you should be good for your first grow! If you yield anything your first time your good!

15. Thanks for the info... So I'm about 14-21 days into veg... Mature is 21-28 days if my prior advice was right? And the switch to 12/12 is going to be with soft white 2000-3000k spec bulbs... I have a boatload of those so I won't have a problem with that... Otherwise I'm looking into HPS... 400 or 600 watt for 2-5 plants sound adequate?(I know the more the better)

16. [quote name='"kellyk3059"']

Thanks for the info... So I'm about 14-21 days into veg... Mature is 21-28 days if my prior advice was right? And the switch to 12/12 is going to be with soft white 2000-3000k spec bulbs... I have a boatload of those so I won't have a problem with that... Otherwise I'm looking into HPS... 400 or 600 watt for 2-5 plants sound adequate?(I know the more the better)[/quote]

I don't know that much about cfls I do know a lot about hps and LEDs! If your going with an hps you need a bigger cab, anything over 250 I would air cool. I would also look into supplemental lighting for the sides :)

17. Topped about 5-6 days ago. It looks like two are growing in nicely. Here are some pics for your judging

image-973244581.jpg

This next one should show the two growing back instead of the one I pulled off correct?

Attached Files:

18. Update. Starting a new cabinet and also received a new MH grow light! I'm moving on up in the world. Ill post pics of the cabinet and light as well as plant progress tomorrow

19. [quote name='"kellyk3059"']Update. Starting a new cabinet and also received a new MH grow light! I'm moving on up in the world. Ill post pics of the cabinet and light as well as plant progress tomorrow[/quote]

Damn bro nice! Can't wait to see pictures and see this come together