First Grow How My Babies Looking?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ~Socrates, Jan 16, 2010.

1. So this is my first grow the biggest one is my pride and joy ha, the other one was looking better than the first for a while but now it is drooping pretty heavily. Thought it was due to overwatering but apparently not, been a while since she has gotten any water and still drooping.

How they looking? Any advice?

Attached Files:

2. OK, upon first glance I noticed one thing. In pics 1 and 2 you got some healthy babies. In picture 3, she looks healthy, but is obviously droopy, and obviously not as big as 1 and 2. But there is also one huge difference too.

In pictures 1 and 2 it looks like you have a lot of vermiculite, which is a good thing. You see what's missing in picture 3? There is hardly any vermiculite. The vermiculite lets the plant breath, and allows the water to drain faster. Picture 3 looks like nothing but peat moss. This would give her her droopiness. There isn't enough oxygen at the root zone, or the medium is just way to wet and she isn't liking it. Either way, I would try to repot her and give her some more vermiculite in there. She should catch up, but at this point she will always be behind her siblings. This is by no means a bad thing, or not saying you should cull her, but she has been given an unfair disadvantage.

Fix her up, and she will perk up and put on some new growth.

3. Alright I had a feeling, those 5 gallons take up a lot more than you think. I have almost a full bag mixed in there but guess I need some more. Thanks for the help, going to get another bag and get her in a better suited home :D

4. Yea, I was guessing you mixed your own soil, because something just looked off in the three pics. The lack of vermiculite looked odd considering the first two had a ton on the surface, and the third had almost none.

I hope it helps. Be careful digging her out, and try not to break any roots. If you do she should recover, but if she doesn't the good news is you still have 2 healthy babies, and a lesson learned.

5. When i looked at your pics, I thought it was nute burn. But ive never had that, so not sure, but they look yellow tip, GREEN, but also unhealthy a lil, whats your nute mix look like, and also, PH level of your water may be too high, but that would make the leafs yellowish too, so not sure, Altogether, i say feed it water with super small amount of nutes and you cant grow wrong. Also it looks like there getting more like 12/12 photo period then 16/8, but its all heresay. GOOD LUCK, also ive seen this same problem on another users plant, and it could be nute burn as well. I say be patient, and dont overdo anything, IT Could be you soils PH level,thats exacty the same as the water you add to it.