first grow: how much will this run me?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mikeweezer80, Oct 14, 2007.

1. So i just moed into my first house and have decided to begin growing. I have searched but it seems no one really discusses how much their grow cost them for the lights, soil, fertilizer, etc... how much am i looking to spend on a closet grow, i want to get at least 3-5 plants going. thankss

2. 1x Light + Hood = $85
    1x Red spectrum bulb = $60
    ferts, pots, soil etc = $25
    Timers, fans paint etc = $60

Lots of home made stuff if your on a budget :smoke:

3. My current setup (4 plants)
    4x 42watt CFL's = 16$ a piece (64$ total)
    Y Socket Connectors = 5$
    Pots / Soil = 15$
    Amazing Digital Timer = 30$ ..
    Too bad the flouro's give off a frequency detectable by the auto-shutoff remote control on the sensor... sigh

4. How much do you want it to cost you?

Could run you anywhere from $50 to well over $800. Think of the ver most you can spend (not want to), then you can come up with the best set-up to maximize your money and pretty much get you the most bang for your buck.

For 5 plants, you'll need at least $100 to start a decent sinsemilla setup so you can harvest at least every 6-8 weeks.

5. yeah it depends on how much you want it to cost. if i owned my own house and was growing 3-5 plants, i'd buy:

600W HPS ballast with bulb - 250$
    MH conversion bulb - 60$
    Seeds - 50$
    Soil - 40$
    Pots - 40$
    Nutes - 15$
    Mylar - 30$

= ~500$

So yes it's would be a pretty decent investment, but after your first harvest you'll get several grand worth of the best bud. In the second round, you'll only have to replace the soil so it's even cheaper... :)

6. Well, we're in the same boat. It's my first grow too, but this is what I got:

1x 400w HPS setup, includes bulb, reflector, ballast, etc, costed me $110
    25' of Mylar for reflection $15
    Timers, soils, pots, $30
    Extension cords $10

Shouldn't cost you that much, if it's your first one, but you want to do maybe 2-3 plants, then do like a under $200 budget, it should pay off.

The main problem with me is getting seeds, it's hard to get them if you don't want to buy online, cause apparently alot of seeds have been getting confiscated by the mailmen.