First Grow How Much Longer Can I Veg For

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by robertbrown, May 22, 2014.

1. Ok been vegging for two months now in 20 litre pots under 600 watt mh light how much longer will I be able to veg them for? Is it.worth me vegging them longer my grow tent is 1.2 1.2 2 metres so pictures below

Sent from my C6903 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. depends how big you want them. when u flower they will double in size.

my currant grow is double the size and im gonna start flower in another week or so.  Aiming for 1.5 meter this time round

3. #3 robertbrown, May 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2014
    Do you think I could get away with a another month of veg and thanks for the reply man :) I wanna fill as much space as possible @[member="bradleyboy"]

4. personally id say yea, but I like big plants at harvest :)

im assuming u got no more than 4 plants in that 1.2 tent.... will double in girth at flower aswell

every time I get a grow to flower im still amazed at the growth spurt ( when its 1/3 the height u want it and 1/2 bushyness, that's when to flower) and in those air pots u not gonna have a problem with roots running out of space

5. RB, first welcome to GC.
    Second, two months veg already??? When I read two months veg, then scrolled down, I was totally surprised. I was expecting MONSTERS already. The plants all look very healthy, good color, and it looks like you've already started LST'ing them, but they should be WAAAAYY bigger than that by now. Tell us a lot more about your setup - what kind of grow medium, any supplemental nutes / if so what kind and how much, light height, were they planted straight into the 20L pots or transplanted somewhere along the line, etc., etc.
    And making sure I read your tent dimensions properly - 1.2 meters square by 2 meters tall?
    Oh yeah, what strain is it?
    Point being, at two months veg time, given proper care, they should easily be at 16 - 24" tall, have been trained to fill your tent and ready to switch to 12/12 bloom. I haven't done dirt in a long time but doubt I've forgotten everything I knew, will try to help. Just for comparison sake, in my hydro setups, I can veg to 16 - 18" in 4-5 weeks from seed or clone. Not making an argument against dirt, just illustrating you are behind where you already should be. Let's fix that first.
    And yes, you need to veg longer.

6. #6 robertbrown, May 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2014
    Ok so the reason they are so small might be becaise they started In peat pots and we're seriously over fed nutrients and overwatered and we're very stressed so I had to move them straight into big pots yes you got my tent dimensions right they are getting biobizz grow and soil extract they are in biobizz all mix Im not sure of the strains of 3 of them as mixed up my labels but they are one of these strains
    1x\tBarney's Farm Tangerine Dream - Feminised\t
    1x\tHumboldt Blue Dream - Feminised\t
    1x\tFeminised Seeds Easy Kush - Feminised\t
    1x\tGreen House Super Lemon Haze - Feminised\t
    1x\tFeminised Seeds Double Berry - Feminised\t
    1x\tRoyal Queen Seeds Northern Light - Feminised
    The last one in the pictures is medical seeds sour diesel my light is around one meter away from bottom of tent. @[member="Olde School"] thanks for the help

7. @[member="bradleyboy"] yer there the only four and yer airpots are pretty awesome the plan was to flower at the end of may might give them an extra month so they get even bigger :)

8. What are airpots ?

9. Google is awesome.lol supposed to be better for root growth other then that still checking Em out.

10. Yea, definitely something wrong there. Might as well flip them now and get it over with, start a new batch applying what you've learned from this grow (such as: don't use peat pots). I would've ditched those plants and started over a long time ago, 2+ months of veg and nothing to show for it would bother the fuck out of me. I'm a dirt farmer too, this baby is 35 days from sprout and I don't use bottled nutes anymore. Here's a good thread for soil-building if you're interested: http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1116550-easy-organic-soil-mix-beginners.html ...it's easy and fool-proof, you'll be blown away by the results especially with those airpots. You don't need schedules, bottled nutes, and ph meters to grow big happy plants.

Cheers and good luck!! :bongin:

11. @[member="Not Sure"] at the moment I cnt afford to do new grow. If I were to leave them for a couple more weeks would it be worth it I mean now there not under stress should they not now shoot up?? Or is there no hope for them and thanks for the advice all of you guys :)

12. They seem to be growing quick now this is one of them two weeks ago compared to today the second pic is yesterday

Attached Files:

13. should i maybe move the light closer to the plant ??

yea, I hear ya man. I'm looking at it from the perspective that I couldn't afford to waste all that time not producing something to support my habit, costs me $100/week when I don't have anything jarred up. It costs me so much more to buy bags of weed than it does to just pony up for supplies a few months in advance that I kick myself when I run out and have to buy it.

Yea, if you see growth improving then by all means, see what you can get out of them. If you want to move your light closer just make sure that it's not too close, use the back of your hand at canopy level to see if the heat is uncomfortable, if so raise it up a little.

15. You see I don't smoke alot of cannabis Im mainly doing it for the fun of the cultivation and also the excitment of being rewarded with kick ass smoke at the end I do enjoy weed I would just rather not buy of street dealer btw your plant looks amazing mate please keep me updated on how u do man @[member="Not Sure"]

16. RB, I understand not wanting to start over after investing 2 months, so let them go & see if they perk up. But there's a couple of things you can do to up your chances.
    The real key to any grow, regardless of your medium, is to get a strong healthy root system. I'm going to leave the nute advice to others who knows biobizz, but if you have some extra coin I would look strongly at purchasing some myco fungi and bacterial innoculants, such as General Hydroponics' Subculture-M and Subculture-B (about $40 each) If you can only afford one go with the "M" Great White is an excellent mycorrhizae additive brand as well.
    What these do is kick-start your roots' health and growth, plus help remove any dead root tissue that was left behind from your over-nute regimen. There are many other benefits from myco's / bacto's but suffice to say the plants will love you for it. And if they are going to take off, this will do it.
    I'd also recommend a weekly feeding with molasses, at least once before adding the myco's / bacto's. This will provide a feeding ground of simple carbs where the beneficials multiply like crazy, and the roots follow.
    From there it's one feed at 50% strength, one molasses feed, and one flush; repeat. Just adjust your nute feed from grow to bloom nutes as you transition.
    Yeah, drop the lights - 18" is a good starting point for your 600W, you might get as close as 14-16" with good fan ventilation but check the back-of-hand test as someone already recommended.
    Hopefully this will get you launched. You're betting another month to save the two months you already invested; you should know within a couple of weeks if it's going to work.

You got some good help on here already, and I hope this helps as well. Bestaluck to ya; I'll try to stop by & watch as things progress.

17. flip them now IMO....get em in 12/12....keep going and set up another veg area....please never waste time with Cfl's....lets go for it!

18. Cfls?? I'm using mh light

19. But yer I'm gonna give it two more weeks then I'm going to switch as they have been shooting up recently

20. Sorry I missed the comment thanks for the advice it's has been noted and wen I get money I will do as you said thanks for taking the time to.help me