First Grow... How Many days till harvest?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by villian mobster, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Ok guys my plants are on day 21 sence they sprouted i have the light on 18/6 and the temps rise an drop from 77-85.

My question is how many days on average does it take from day 1(sprouting) to the day they start flowering?

An how many days on average is the flowering stage and what day should i harvest on?

2. Anywhere from 4th week to 6th week or longer.

3. so i can go buds on a plant 2' tall?

4. This will just show you what they are if female or male, then it is 8-10 weeks depending on your plant for them to flower.

5. MJ becomes sexually mature in about 4-6 weeks. At that point they may or may not show preflowers. They will start flowering a few days after you switch your lights to 12/12 assuming it is a mature plant. You can start flowering as soon as they are mature or some mother plants have been kept in vegetative mode for 20+ years and never budded.

Flowering usually takes 50 to 90+ days depending on the strain. Indicas and indica-dominate plants will be closer to 50 or 60 while sativas can take 3 months or even longer. For harvesting you need a microscope or jeweler's loupe to get a closer look at the trichomes a.k.a. crystals. Sounds like you may want to read the stickied posts at the top of the forum as they have a lot of this basic info.

6. Keep in mind that they can double or triple in size during flowering so if you switch to 12/12 at 2', then you may end up with a 4 or 5 footer in a few weeks. If you are needing to stay short, read the stickied post on Low Stress Training and research topping/FIMming.

7. That's a bit optimistic dont you think, for an indoor setup, you'll be doing amazing if your plant reaches 80-90 inches. Most plants grow to between 25-50 inches, which is about as tall as you would want an indoor plant to get anyway.

For an indica-dorminant plant, 30-40 inches would be a good guess for the final height of the plant and it should be harvested(8 wks) and cured (1 wk) by about 9 weeks.

Dont even think about how long it'll take now, just worry about keeping it alive and getting whatever setup you have ready to flower your plant, dont be excited yet, your plant might be male anyway... 50/50 chance that your whole grow's gonna be a waste of time.

good luck tho. keep us posted

8. Sloppy G don't say it like that, you need to plant like 4 and half will roughly be male. Growing your own pot is a joy, nothing more satisfying than waking up in the morning and looking at your plants playing abit before you goto work, then coming home at lunch and seeing what has changed. Then going home after work and playing in your garden. It really is fun as shit and a very good learning experience. You will begin to understand all the things about pot that most people just guess on or don't care. All in all this isn't a waste of time it is a great passion. :hello:

9. ya im going to be firming and LSTing the plants to make them as fat as possible.