First grow - how does it look and what is the next step?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dma251, May 28, 2012.

1. I started my first plant 6 weeks ago, and am hoping some of you experts can weigh in and give me some advice on how to proceed. I am not growing for yield, just quality.

Its a feminized White Widow from SSC, and I am growing it in an old refridgerator shown below. I set up the fridge with 4 2' T5 veg bulbs on 24 hrs. A speed adjustable can fan to ventilate, and I maintain the humidity with the damp sponges at the bottom. The fridge stays between 70 and 80F degrees, with humidity around 40-50%. It sprouted and was planted directly into the big pot when it was 4 days old.

I have been watering every 3-4 days with distilled water, and am using Happy Frog soil in a large airpot since a seedling. No nutes yet. Ph is steady at 7.

I topped it at 5 1/2 weeks.

What I am wondering now is how I should train it (or leave it alone), how long it should stay in veg.

Most importantly, how do you think I am doing?

Attached Files:

2. Its lookin' good bro maybe a bit small for 5 1/2 weeks.

Some things you want to take into consideration-

Are you going to use a different light for flowering? a 400w HiD will give you dense fat nugs that make you dribble.

The plants can triple in size when you switch to 12/12 so make sure you have enough room- you may want to look into LST- basically you can force branches to spread out.
    Also think about trimming and supercropping.
    I reckon you should put into flower now.

Good luck!