First Grow, How Am I Looking? (Pics)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Tuck420, Jun 1, 2013.

1. #1 Tuck420, Jun 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2013
    Hey guys,

First grow here experimenting with some SLH and auto biomass diesel, they seem to be doing great! LSTd them all to try and get an even canopy using rope, not the best but its been working like a charm!
    I have 2 SLH and 2 autos and their all 6 weeks 1 day old (vegged for 4 weeks 6 days since sprout)
    thanks guys let me know :D
    This is the SLH
    image.jpg

These 2 photos are an auto (accidentally deleted photo of my other auto)
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    SLH
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

2. lookin good man.

3. ya dude....i havent started my autos yet....waiting for my photos to switch to 12/12....but atleast i know what they'll look like...thanks for pics

4. is it bad lighting or are all your bottom leaves yellowing?

5. Its bad lighting, their looking really green and healthy :D Hoping to get a decent yield from my auto which is coming down in 4 weeks!

6. #7 Tuck420, Jun 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2013
    I put my autos under 18/6 for 4 weeks 6 days and switched to 12/12 a week and a half ago. I love growing the auto because it has a short cycle and you can have a rewarding yield if done everything correctly. I seen a auto 10 1/2weeks harvested and he had near enough 4 1/2 - 5 oz, baring in mind he is an experienced grower.

7. Did you LST the autos? I read somewhere that you want to avoid any stress possible to autos due to their short light cycle but I decided to try it on mine anyways. They're only about 3 weeks old now but they seem to be taking to it well so far. 

8. why are you guys flipping auto they do not need to be fliped they should be on 18/6 the entire grow hence auto as in auto flower ?????

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Yeah I agree you shouldn't change their light cycle but there is still a point when they flip to flowering on their own, meaning you should be changing the kelvin of your lighting and possibly your nutes. My autos started at 18/6 and I'm about to flip them to 20/4 for the rest of their life cycle.

10. I have no experience with autos. Would be fun to give it a go though. 10 weeks don't sound terrible for a test drive :ey:

This was my thought process too that's why I'm doing half auto and half photo, vegging together but flowering separately. 

12. #13 cyphrs, Jun 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2013
    I have read in this forum and seen on youtube that you should keep autos on a 12/12 cycle.....thats the only reason why i was waiting....i suppose for now ill do the 18/6

13. I've always heard 20/4 or 18/6 for autos, but you do want to change the bulb color.  Sometimes an auto won't auto flower and then you will want to switch to 12/12 just to give it a kick start but then you want to put it back on the regular schedule.  Thats what I've read at least.

14. I flipped them because I didn't have a separate room to veg my 2 SLH and I only wanted to veg them for 5 weeks, otherwise I would have kept it 18/6 through out the grow

15. I've never read about avoiding LST a auto, mine seem to be taking really good to it! I have been exposing new bud sites and now I have something like 13 or 14, I am going to see them tomorrow so if I see any big difference I will keep you updated :)

16. Did you top it film them at all? I really want to try on my auto jack since she should be the longest wait anyways, what's an extra week

17. I wouldnt top ( I dont even understand the point of fim) or super crop or any other hst method on an auto. lst is very low stress simply promoting more light exposure to side tops.. Toping is for two main colas or more. I wouldnt do this unless hieght is an isssue and/or you have a photperiod strain. The proper recovery is too crutial for an auto. Use lst, this encourages the side tops to shoot up and give you a fuller even canopy. Virtually the same effect as topping - more top colas. I topped some of my plants but they are all outside and are not autos, they should have huge main colas once done. I wouldnt of done it otherwise, if it was an auto or I could lst indoors or something.

I also did defoliation to my outside plants.. I would even defol an auto indoors. I peronally think it should go hand in hand with lst because the point is to get more light to your side tops!

18. Exactly what janic said^
    I wouldn't top or fim any autos as they don't have enough time to recover but lst is low stress hence the name. My mate grew a auto jack it was really nice!

19. #20 Tuck420, Jun 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2013
    Added a sidelight, is it a good idea? It's a 90w UFO. I added it to get more light to the bud sites which isn't receiving any and to the canopy, I'm hoping it will increase the yield.
    image.jpg