First grow, hours of research im stumped.. plz help**(pics!)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by R3fr4cti0n, May 18, 2011.

1. Hey guys i need some help,

here are the stats;
    2 plants (only one shown)
    18 days old
    first nutes 5 days ago
    second nutes today
    18/6 light dark
    ph in: about 6.9
    ph out (runoff):about 6.5/6.6
    temps between 70/84 average 77

here is the problem, my one plant (not shown) is in perfect health
    however, the second plant which is getting the same ph'd water & nutes
    from what i have read nothing seems to match any specific deficiency like N or Mn or anything the only thing that seem to match is Ph problems but my ph is almost dead on i have been crazy about it but nothing seems to be clearing it up.

here are some of the problems
    lower leafs tips curling
    new growth coming out twisted
    new growth kinda thick
    new growth pretty light green
    growing slightly slower and more bunched together than my other plant

they are both just saved seed from some i had saved and this may be nothing but i figured that id put the pic up for you cats that have a couple harvasts under em

any ideas would be great

old leafs curling, new leafs twisted
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this appeared after first nute feed. nute burn maybe?
    [​IMG]

Brown copper spot appear BEFORE any nutes, geting better after nute feeding
    [​IMG]

More twisted leafs
    [​IMG]

some edges point up some down
    [​IMG]

2. Hi..

What nutrients are you using and in what quantities? Tips turned up or down and twisted leaves can sometimes mean a magnesium deficiency. Knowing what your feeding them could help.

Good Luck!

3. Hey WhobeBoo

using fox farm grow big 1 tsb per gallon & molasses 1 tsp per gallon i have only watered with the molasses once and the nutes twice i always use ph'd water after nutes so my cycle is water, ff, water, molasses,water, ff

this twisting & thicknees has been going on since the start before i ever added nutes though.

im using diy Air pots so they dry out a bit faster i only water when the pots feel light and dry.

thanks!

4. This appears to be one of 3 things root bound, magnesium or calcium deficiency This is what i would do to fix this.

1. make sure its not root bound
    2. add 1 tablespoon pulverized dolomite lime per gallon of water and water with it it will condition your soil
    3. get a cal/mag supplement like calmag NOT MAPRO
    4. if your using foxfarm nutes stay at half dose full does fucks plants up

Also no need to use molasses until the final 3-4 weeks of flower

5. #5 R3fr4cti0n, May 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2011
    ok its not root bound it has plenty of room to grow i have been giving it 1/3 dose of FF to start with and the molasses is for Mn cause i thought that may be the problem

so that leaves calcium deficiency, but it dident match any cal def pics that i seen on the web and i didnt think it met the signs either

any other ideas?

the molasses is a great source of calcium also for the girls

6. Hi...Yes.. molasses is a good source for Mg. You might want to repost in the Sick Plant forum and see if anybody there has an idea.

Sorry I can't be of more help!

Good Luck!

7. hey OP
    you probably shouldnt be feeding at that early in the plants life.
    one easy thing is to flush out medium with 2x the amount of water the containor holds.
    if this is the problem, plant will revert to normal in a week or so.

8. i started @ 2 weeks is that to soon?

9. pretty soon.

what kinda soil are you using? also is it drying out very quickly?

10. So you stressed them by feeding nutes.... its OK we all make mistakes. Flush and give it only water for another week or two. Chances are your soil has more than enough nutes to last until flowering.

11. Yeah I am using ffof soil. These problems occurred before I started nutes tho. Could it be genetic?

12. It could be genetic, but could you throw up a pic of both girls together please to see the difference? Also what lighting are you using?

:smoke:

13. Using a 400 mh, I get pics up soon