First Grow, Himalayan Kush & Bubblicious

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by larsblackman, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Day 29:
    I had to make an executive decision and cut her down. It was a tough call, but she was just doing worse every day. Let that be a lesson well learned: make sure all lighting fixtures are secure! So, I cut her off at the base and clipped all leaves and "buds" from her, chopped her up and made some ISO. it's still evaporating from last night, but we'll see how it is later on today i guess.

As for the other three, they're doing great. I meant to take some pictures but my lights just shut off about 20 minutes ago, so they'll have to wait until tomorrow :( They get a little bigger every day, and they're really starting to take shape as real buds. On advisement from the guys at my local hydro store, I picked up some FF beastie budz and cha-ching, so we'll see how those perform.

On a somewhat related note, here's a funny story:
    On the insistence of my girlfriend, I gradually switched my light cycle to night:light/day:dark from the other way around because her parents were coming to visit, and she didn't want them catching the light shining under the door and go investigate. They came this weekend and all was going well, until sunday night they decided to stay the night on the futon because they were too tired to drive back to the condo that night. Her mother gets restless legs and sometimes wanders around at night, so we were panicking. All went well all weekend, until -- while I was at work and she and her dad were at the dump -- her mother decided to refill the paper towels, which are kept in "that closet". :eek: SHE FOUND THEM!!!...and was actually impressed and curious! She wanted to see them and asked all about how I'm doing it and everything! All that worrying over nothing!:smoke:

2. wow, good and bad all in one huh? well it was an interesting post so right on!
    I was thinking about getting those FF nutes you mentioned along with something called "open sesame" also, so I'm very interested in your findings with those 2.
    Funny stuff about the M.i.L. you know she probably smoked at some point or another ;p

3. The only reason I didn't get open sesame is because I'm already about halfway through my flowering. I'll probably pick it up for my next grow if these do alright. Beastie budz is for the middle stage of flowering and chaching is for final stage, so I missed the open sesame stage, but the guys at the store gave me some good advice on nutes and I'll probably use some of what they suggested next time too. The M.I.L. has said before that they would smoke if it were legal and/or if they didn't get tested at their jobs, although I did smoke with the father when they had an obnoxious friend in town. Guess he just needed something to drown the guy out!

4. Lol, good karma there. Please post some more pics for everyone

5. lol my bad for not putting pics up in a while. I've been pretty lazy lately:smoke:
    here they are, though. the first one is my bubblicious. i tried to fim her a little too late and it actually kinda worked out pretty well. the main cola is now two fat colas and they look yummy. the second is my bigger himalaya kush. she spread way the fuck out and shot up like crazy when i started flowering, so i'm excited to see what she'll produce. i'll probably start to harvest in 2-3 weeks, taking the tops and letting the rest plump up a bit for another week or so. there are so many tiny sites lower down on the kush it just blows my mind. i have one more but she's hard to get to. yesterday i was trying to move around in there to get some stuff for my new setup and i had to jostle them all over the place. ifelt bad for stressing them and i think i got some trichs on my shirt, so i'm not gonna fuck around in there for anything non-urgent.

oh, yeah, i got a little bit of nute burn there, but i fixed that with my last watering. the chart says to use beastie bloomz just one week, so i started watering with cha-ching now and ppm is at 1360, down from 1540, so we'll see how they do with that. either that shit has helped already, or they just grow like this anyway, but i swear i notice quite a difference every day. they look plumper and stickier and shinier every time i go in there, so i'm just gonna keep it up for now!

anyway, blah blah blah an hour later here's the pictures:smoking:

Attached Files:

6. Flowering Day 41:
    All are doing fairly well, except for one problem. When I watered about a month ago, I noticed this, but it's at its worst right now. The problem with running an 18 gallon DWC with four (now three) plants is apparently the level of the water makes the plant float, so if there is too much water, both of the kushes will lean over. In the past, I was able to fanagle them into a more suitable position. However, lately they just keep falling over, so I've tied them back opposite the direction they fall in. I can tell its really been stressing them, and I hope what I've done now helps fix it for good. That and, of course, watch my water levels!

On a lighter note, I got a 4'x4'x6.5' grow tent from eBay about a week ago, so I've been setting up my next grow. As of today it is up and running. I did THIS one with a LOT of trial and error, so maybe this time I can bring some experience in and do a bit better. The room I started working with is tiny and, as I have found out, not easily accessible once flowering starts. I will be starting another journal with the new grow fairly soon. It will be the same strains (the rest of the seeds from my order) but in individual buckets. There will be four bubble bucket DWCs and two hempy buckets. I heard about this method and decided to try it out, and I figured I might as well do it alongside the DWC to see how they compare.

Once I have pictures, I'll be setting up that journal and I'll put a link on here if anyone wants to jump on that one too.

Anyway, here's some more pics of the current grow. The first three are bubblicious, the next two are kush

Attached Files:

7. Hey I'm not sure if it would work but maybe when you are getting your next grow setup, try tying some weight to the plastic mesh planter bottom. I am imagining maybe a 5 pound plate tied to the bottom of the mesh bucket, or maybe you could put the weight in the bottom of the reservoir first and then tie the planters to that like an anchor if that makes sense, maybe then it would stop floating up in the water. ?

8. thanks for the suggestion J! i actually have my next grow set up and going now in a grow tent. my girlfriend doesn't like where i had this one set up, so i got a tent and set it up in the garage. the setup i have going in the tent has individual buckets for each plant and the net pots are built into the lids.

here it is if you want to check it out:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/hydropon...-hempy-buckets-himalaya-kush-bubblicious.html

9. Day 54:
    the lights come on at 8, and i've got the water ready to flush them tonight. then it's just another week or so until harvest. i've googled and read around here and other forums about flushing, and i've come to the decision not to flush with just water, because i agree with many people who've said you just starve your plants. so i just toned down my nutes to 600ppm. i'll probably put up pics a little later, but if i don't get to it, i'll definitely have them come harvest time!

10. day 63:
    HARVEST DAY! pics later

11. cool cant wait for the outcome...

12. sorry it took me so long to get back here, it took a long time and i've been too busy afterwards until now! harvest went great. i probably could've let them go for another week or so, but i have a certain time frame i'll need these for, so next time i'll do it as long as it needs. they've been drying on a line in the closet where they were growing and they're still a little damp, so it should be a couple more days until i get to clip 'em and jar 'em and throw them in the fridge! i can't believe it's this close! i'm almost done with my first grow! sorry, a bit high :bongin:

sorry the pics may not be very good, my girl had the camera, so i had to use my cellphone, which isn't a bad camera at 8mp, but it kinda has a mind of it's own

Attached Files:

13. right on Lars I cant wait till I do that in about 5 days. Looks like a descent harvest cant wait to hear the numbers and what the smoke is like. Congrats man!

14. sorry it's taken me a while to get on here, i've been pretty busy, went to disney the past couple days at epcot food and wine fest!! woot woot! now if they'd just add amsterdam to the countries...:smoke:

i had it all hanging in the closet with a fan going, and i've read that you should watch it closely so as not to dry out too much with a fan, so it only took 3&1/2 days to dry enough to cure. sorry i didn't remember to document the whole process, i was pretty excited/stoned as shit. the pic of the pile is the bubblicious, that yielded 23.4 grams. almost an ounce for one plant, i'm not too disappointed, but i'm sure i can do better with the next grow. i didn't separate the kush plants when trimming/hanging, so i don't know the total per plant, but the total for both was 64.3 grams! that's over an ounce per plant, which will do fine by me! total of 3.19 ounces to tide me over til the next grow is done! they're in jars in the fridge curing, so i'll post on here in three weeks or so to tell you all how they taste, but until then, feel free to join me on my current grow:

http://forum.grasscity.com/hydropon...-hempy-buckets-himalaya-kush-bubblicious.html

Attached Files:

15. awesome man thats pretty good, ill check in on your other grow too. Congrats!

16. enough time has gone by in curing to get a good report:
    Bubblicious: fucking stoney! tastes smooth and gets me high as fuck, like right away. loving it!
    Himalaya Kush: smells awesome, tastes sooooooo good. the high is very mellow, but kicks in full force about a half hour/hour later. i smoked a fat j the other day and was pretty mellow, then all of a sudden i was ripped. took me off guard and knocked me on my ass

it's so nice enjoying the fruits of my own hard work. after this, my first grow, i will never take for granted the beauty and gifts of this wonderful plant