First grow high expectations

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Ant Dog, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Thanks! Depo is Done....busy af...busy is good though. Hope everyone is doing well and has had a good summer

No im no not drunk

• Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 4
  2. #10763 Ant Dog, Aug 28, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    It's all good bro ... Please feel free to share this kind of info anyday of the week . I'm learning as I read . I like that lol ........ I really like how they are gonna get fed every 90 min .. I imagine all that oxygen in the root zone is going to drive some crazy growth

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 4
  3. I used to fuck around with aeroponics....kinda a waist of time, way to much can go wrong to easily. Anyone who has done this for long time will know that we have to limit possible situations before they arise. Relying on pumps and power every 90 minutes is begging for problems.....been there dine that

No im no not drunk

• Like Like x 4
  4. When hydro works, it works like a charm! When it fails, it pours water through your garage ceiling, lol... been there too...

~GHG~

• Like Like x 4
  5. How big are you making your scrogs? I am a first time grower inside and have two 6 week old white widows. I have one scrog that is set up with plastic 2" square netting. Looks so harsh for the little girls. Also when are you starting your scrog?

• Like Like x 1
  6. My grow is shut down right now .. That's an old post you quoted

I grew quite a bit of bud before I shut things down but I never did make a true scrog

I did a lot of lst on my grows ( tied right to the sides of the pots ) and I used tomatoe cages for support ... I would cut off the bottoms of the tomatoe cages so they wouldn't be so tall ... Also you can run some string or some type of wire through the top of the cage to make squares to feed branches through ..I used coat hangers

• Like Like x 5
  7. I would post some pics for you but most of them got deleted when I got a new phone

• Like Like x 2
  8. That's why I love humpys so much .... Hydro without any moving parts lol ....... I had enough problems with the timers to my lights .... Deff don't want anything else that can fail

• Like Like x 2
  9. I was running 18 (5 gallon buckets) ebb and flow style off a 75 gallon reservoir from my garage. Dropped a fat pump in there and threw the water 14 feet up to the master bucket upstairs in my grow room and it would disperse the water using a float mechanism. It would flood the system 4 times a day and run back out to the reservoir downstairs using a much smaller pump. I had a few timer issues, but the kicker was when the buckets that were made for the system cracked on the bottom and 75 gallons of water came pouring through my garage at 2 am... What a way to wake up, with water pouring down next to my electrical box and my central air and heat.

The next day I had to try and rip all the plastic out from under the buckets that were all scrogged in... what a freaking mess that was...

Hell Grow

~GHG~

• Like Like x 5
  10. That would suck...I'm always scared my new hose will come off and spray water every where.

Secret room

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ha! I forgot, I had one of those accidents too... I came home and luckily the res was pretty empty, when it popped off. Threw water all over the garage at 2000 GPH an hr...

~GHG~

• Like Like x 2
  12. Now I'll never sleep....

Secret room

• Like Like x 4
  13. I'll admit, that one was my fault... I started using three different reservoirs for different water mixes. Plain water, nute water, etc... Well, I wasn't going to plunge my arm in up to my ears in nutejuice, to fetch the pump, so I pulled up on the hose until I could grab the pump... Obviously I tugged one too many times, lol. I should have just attached a puller to the pump rather than being lazy and grabbing the hose...

~GHG~

• Like Like x 3
  14. Thanks for the tip!

Secret room

• Like Like x 3
  15. #10776 Ravenboy, Aug 28, 2016
    you aren't drunk?

to discredit new ways to grow based on your experience with a system that has nothing to do with what is going on NOW in cannabis horticulture leads me to suspect that indeed, you might be

PPKs have zero to do with aeroponics, and aren't at all that pump failure sensitive..... no more sensitive than if you forget to water your DTW hand watered coco perlite.... it won't die within 24 hours.

with a PPK you have a LONG time (more than 24 hours unless the plant is a monster) before the coco dries out enough to be an issue if a timer or a pump goes out....

so in a "forgiving system" automation is good. for DWC, and as you mentioned, aeroponics, a pumps failure is a disaster in very little time. not true for the PPK system, and not true for ebb and flow either (when coco perlite is the medium)

i invite you to look into PPK systems, and then i would be interested in your observations when you have become familiar with it.

but don't discredit EVERY system that is automated based on what is likely outdated experience.
    . These new ways of doing things have evolved PRECISELY because of the problems that you earlier encountered.

• Like Like x 1

16. don't have these issues, my tents are in retaining ponds with sufficient volume to hold the total contents of any reservoirs therein

the retaining ponds are two layers of pond liner, in a wooden frame surrounding each tent

yes its a hassle to build this shit. but i am tired of hand watering hempy buckets every day. i had to carry them into the kitchen, i am in a rented apartment with nice hardwood floors.

. once i built the ponds so i didn't have to carry them out of the tents to feed them, i realized i could do an active hydro system, without worrying about flooding.

• Like Like x 5
  17. #10778 Ravenboy, Aug 28, 2016
    14' feet of lift to feed an ebb and flow table is a lot, as you now know

the hydrostatic head of a leak 14 feet above the main res is REALLY FRIGGING CATASTROPHIC.

consider that a column of water 33 feet tall is two atmospheres of pressure (cant remember if this is fresh or salt water, but the difference isn't that huge)

you your leak had almost 50 percent more pressure than the the atmospheric pressure

when the res is only a couple feet below the table, leaks are a LOT slower. ( because the different in pressure is 1/7th what it is 14 feet higher.

------------------------------

and yes scroggin any active hydro system is not without its hassles when things go bad.

i heavily LST, but since everything is tied to the medium container that the plant is IN, I can remove any plant and its associated hardware from a tent without any problems

i am not smarter.... thats not the point

. it's this: in the past I have done just about everything stupid that can be imagined, when it comes to growing weed. i cannot TELL you have many grow rooms, how many states, and countries I've done this in.

with enough experience, we all develop a personalized system for weed cultivation that can be operated even when completely stoned.

18. #10779 Ravenboy, Aug 28, 2016
    really??

, next time just stick your arm in there. rinse it off right away after the emergency is over. absorption though your skin and however much fat you have under it isn't all that rapid.

but do rinse it off.

that kind of exposure isn't going to kill you any time soon... its not like you are crop dusting this stuff 8 hours a day.....

for many of us..... the water we drink from the faucet and the air we breath in a large city is MUCH more dangerous....

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hello Brother Ant Dog and friends...hope all is well with you all ?
    Here is a crazy question for you Ant... would aerating nutes with a air pump be of any benefit for a little more oxygen to the roots during feedings ?

• Like Like x 3