First Grow heres everything I have comment!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by cats21, Jul 6, 2012.

1. So this is my first grow and I want it to be a good one. I have a total of 7 viable purple haze seeds. I will germinating using distilled water in the shot glass method over night and than tranfer the sunken seeds to a wet paper towel for another 24-48 hours. I will be planting the rooted seeds in Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil [​IMG].

Now I have fox farms liquid nutrients for soil which I will be using to water my plant every other watering as I was reccomended. [​IMG]

I will start using the fox farm grow on the beginning of week 2 of my seedlings life.

I also bought a bottle of superthrive incase my plant started to get brown spots or die. I read it brings cannabis back to life but should only be used once.

[​IMG]

I ordered 2 Hydroponic Full Spectrum CFL Grow Light Bulbs 60 Watts each 5500K. I read a plant needs atleast 100 watts so 120 should be fine. Ill be keeping the lights 2-4 inches away from the plant at all times adjusting the light as the plant grows. I will be using 18 on 6 off until I switch to 12-12.

[​IMG]

I also Have a growbox that I made. It has a hole to allow my fan to blow air in to circulate the area and strengthen the stems aswell. I read the fan is great for the strength of the plant and temp./ humidity control. But I will not have it directly on the plant so it doenst get stressed.

I will be using tap water thats boiled to water my plants. As recommended I will be watering every 2-3 days or when the top of the soil gets dry/crusty. Ill water until I get drainage at the bottom of the pot.

This is my very first grow and I want it to be a good one. Does this look good for my vegative stage growth? I know once I decide to flower and change my lights to 12/12 lighting I will need different bulbs that are like 2700k each and Ill have to provide the Fox Farms Bloom. But does anybody have any tips or any corrections on what I have provided. If I am forgetting anything please state it. So far I think I am good to go! :)

2. Sounds like a solid grow brother, I have practically the same method except I use a 400w mh/hps setup in a closet, keep us updated when you plant im interested to see your progress!!

3. thanks bro! Ill keep you guys updated when I start :smoke:

4. dont you need 6500k for veg, and 2700k for flower? lighting.
    i saw u said 5500k.

is that just as good?
    just wondering,

sounds good tho!
    thats around about what im doing too..
    cfl 120w 6500k
    same nutes.

ill be watching to see how it goes.

Good luck

5. Nice set up, I use cfl's for veg and hps at least 250W for budding, some experts say u get a gram of yield per plant= to the wattage on them during budding, that's best case scenario, first grow u will learn a lot and u will stress over things that u will soon learn aren't as bad as they seem, if u run into any suspicion that something don't look right or seem right....don't play around and try to fix it without talking about it on here.... a lot of newbs stress about things and try to overfix a small problem and only compound it..... I avg in 5 grows I got 3/4g per Watt during flowering and closer to a full gram in the last 2 grows.....cfl's will work if u can't spend and get a 400-600W HPS but with that said ur looking @ probably under 100g per plant so it affects the yield not having enough light

6. you don't need those bottled fox farms nutrients. Just grow with the soil I guarantee if you add those bottled fertilizers you'll make your plants a living hell ----> they are loaded with caustic chemicals which will corrode when coming in contact with metals (oceans forest contains lime from the dolomites which has elevated metal levels) just google fox farm big grow msds if you want to see it,

just get the oceans forest, it's a good start, add a can of red worms and some glacier rock dust, you'll be golden...

7. 100 grams is way more than enough for me..
    lol

8. I know there are a million people saying to germinate that way all over the boards, but try finding a single farmer or gardener that does that. I didn't hit my highest success rate with seeds until I switched over to planting seeds straight into peat plugs and leaving it covered for 2-3 days. You know, like the instructions on the seed starter kits available anywhere that carries any gardening supplies.:)

Only once? Sounds scary. I would use it less than that.

You want the fan at the top of the box blowing hot air out and cool air being drawn in from intakes in the bottom. If you want the plants to get a breeze, you will need an additional small oscillating fan in the box.

Find the water reports for your supply. If your water comes from a treatment facility, they're there. You should be able to find at least the last four years. You can make a decision on your water source after you know what your dealing with. For instance, were I live the water has a low PPM count and has chlorine added, so all my tap water needs is a little bubbling to evaporate off the chlorine at it's pretty good to grow.

9. thanks for the input everybody!!

10. I wouldnt recommend to plant seedlings in foxfarm at birth... put them in plastic cups with peat moss perlite substrate for a few weeks then transplant into that foxfarm shit..

11. Using ocean forest, specially in a cfls grow, you shouldn't need to use nutes for about three to four weeks. When you do introduce them start at about 1/4 strength and see how the plants react. Plants under low lighting use less nutes. Sounds like you at least have a plan, good luck.

12. [quote name='"CannaSmoke"']I wouldnt recommend to plant seedlings in foxfarm at birth... put them in plastic cups with peat moss perlite substrate for a few weeks then transplant into that foxfarm shit..[/quote]

that foxfarm shit? haha

13. Using oceans forest, you shouldn't need to use chemical nutes AT ALL. The oceans forest is loaded with minerals in the form of dolomite's and guano's, which take may take any where from months to years to break down load the cations with Ca,mg, and other metals.

The good news is you can add organic chelating agents (ie mannitol in kelp meal) to break the minerals in your soil down faster- releasing them to your plants roots.

the bad news is, if you follow joker's advice and add those chemicals to your soil, you are going to run into some problems, and produce mediocre smokes- at best.

14. [quote name='"hope2toke"']

the bad news is, if you follow joker's advice and add those chemicals to your soil, you are going to run into some problems, and produce mediocre smokes- at best.[/quote] You organic guys crack me up.