First Grow/Hempy - GrowersChoice Fem Durban Poison, 4x4, QB Led 500w

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Shan1784, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Is it an autoflower strain or regular feminized?

For autoflower 20 on 4 off is recommended. 24/7 is doable though.

For regular feminized seeds, I did 18 on and 6 off which is common. This is during the seedling/veg stage. I increased the light intensity as the plant got bigger.

Mine are now flowering at 12/12 light cycle because they are regular seeds. Autoflowers bloom without a change in light.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. She's a regular fem not auto. Ok, I'll setup a 20/4 schedule.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Mid-day check. Seems like since I turned the light on shes wanting to come out. Not sure if this is pretty fast progression or normal but it's got me pretty excited.

20190105_143545.jpg 20190105_143552.jpg 20190105_144013.jpg 20190105_143557.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. It's normal. You'll see every little bit of growth at this stage.

I took my seedling out of the humidity dome after it shed it's casing and the first baby leaves showed. Then after two weeks and some growing, roots poked out of the rockwool. I placed the seedling in the net pot with hydroton and transferred it a small reservoir with extremely weak nutes. (Under 100 ppm). Then when roots became established, I transplanted the same netpot to a bigger reservoir. Seedlings are very fragile and adding heavy nutes or keeping the medium (rockwool or starter plugs) too moist can do damage.

I've seen a lot of people germinate right into rockwool or starter plugs that are already placed in the net pots to cut down on transplanting the seedling too many times which is what I am going to do moving forward.

Wait until you get into the veg stage with hydroponics and your plants grow up to an inch per day. It gets to be pretty incredible.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. Got my amazon delivery of GH nutes, CalMag, hydroton, some smart plugs (for remote control over devices), and a remote temp and humidty monitor. I love the techie stuff so I get to play around today.

She's close to double the height this morning. I added more water to her tray. Not so much that her plug was dry but because the humidty in the dome was dropping. Seemed maybe it was drying out. After adding more RO water the humidty jumped back up. So now shes sitting back in 80f with 90-99% rh.

20190106_095025.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Lots of people on here using garden friendly fungicide. Apparently it's about 8000x stronger than hydrogaurd. Use a much smaller dose making it cheaper.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. So I had to remove the humidty dome this morning. She was about 1/8" from hitting the top of it. So now I turned on the humidty controller, set it to 85%. Will see how this plays out. Should be fine.

I did move my light a few inches closer. I'm not sure but is she stretching a bit?

Also is it to early to dial in temps and humidty for VDP? 20190107_072544.jpg

8. Having that shell on it would worry me! Mine 2 seeds popped up yesterday, I had to remove the shell with tweezers. Didn’t come off easily

9. I was hoping that would fall off on own.

10. I was told they do. But I personally saw my friends come up with the shell covering the whole top. His dried to it, nvr fell off and it died. Not saying that will happen to urs tho. I sprayed mine with water to soften it up and tried to push it off. Eventually took tweezers and crushed a part of it I could and worked it off.

• Like Like x 1
  11. So seed case is off. I got it off with tweasers. Came off easy. I'm a little worried how she looks. What is everyone's thoughts?

Not the best pic. 20190107_165141.jpg

12. Prob just bc the shell. It’s all about what come up from between the first two leaves lol. It’s blurry but it looks like u got some leaves in the center. Plus it’s not leaning, being that young weak legs would prob come first-ish

• Like Like x 1
  13. Here's a better pic. Looks like piece of the shell is still on one leaf and the leaf on the other side looks funny to me.

20190107_210615.jpg

14. So had issues yesterday. Set my humidty to high and the tent couldn't get it that high. So my fogger ran all day, no exhaust kicking in since I use that to bring humidty down if to high (that's the way my humidty controller is setup) and the inside of my tent was drenched. Had condensation running down the walls. It was pooling on the floor and under the water proof floor cover.

Dried it out and had to readjust temps and humidty to prevent this but still try and keep vpd in check. Right now I'm sitting at 73-75f at 65-68% rh. It is lights out right now so I'm sure the temps will increase when lights on but not by much.

Not exactly where I wanted but will run with this to see how she responds. I did move the light up a little bit and she looked a little better this morning.

How's she look? Still worried about the one leaf that looks like its cut off and the leaf with part of the seed case on it.

20190108_062009.jpg 20190108_081955.jpg

15. She looks like she'll pull thru.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  16. Urs is prob a few days ahead of mine but Man I let my soil get to dry over night, checked it at 830 this mrn. One of them way half way on its side =[. I instantly watered and took a plant label and and laid it across the pot and propped her up.. just checked on her a half hr ago and was able to remove the label holding her up..... crazy how a 8$ seed will make u worried like that lol

17. Lol so true!