First Grow! Hempy Bucket/Coco Coir/Lemon OG/From Seed!!/

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Jrtruejec, Jan 23, 2017.

?

Pats or Falcons

Poll closed Feb 5, 2017.
  1. Patriots

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Falcons

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. #1 Jrtruejec, Jan 23, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    First grow people,
    Strain is Lemon OG
    2x4 Gorilla grow tent. (Veg)
    4x4 Gorilla grow tent (FLower)
    AgroBrite 2" foot T5 for vegging. (8tube)
    600 watt hps flowering
    Ventech 6" 440cfm inline fan with carbon filter.
    FloraNova nutes with Cal Mag.
    Tds pen
    Ph pen
    Water temp pen
    This will be a Hempy bucket grow using Coco Coir and Perlite below.
    I left some water out 24 hours. I lowered the ph to 5.6. I dropped my 2x2 inch rockwool cubes in for a half hour. I took them out an let them sit in my seedling tray with dome for an hour. I then dropped my seeds in pointy side down. I've watered twice in 4 days by dunking them half way in tap water (left out for 24 hours) ph'd to 5.7. I watered over the top of them on the 4 day/today.
    Four out of 5 are now sprouting out of the rock wool. Current temp inside the seedling dome is 80"F . Humidity is at 59.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. How bad are they?

Attached Files:

3. Finally got temp an humidity close to perfect I guess. Baby's look stressed. I'm hoping they do okay.
    I have a question. How long should I wait before placing them in coco? I see tap roots out the bottom of 3 of 4. How long can they stay in just rock wool? Considering they're stressed I'm guessing I should wait as long as possible before making changes. I plan on keeping them in a seedling tray with a dome tall enough to house the solo cups.
    Any help would be much appreciated..

Attached Files:

4. Get rid of the humidity dome. Plant your sprouts in a small pot for now and repot them to a bigger one later. You want the tent humidity at 40-50% and temp at around 75. I'm using the same fan and carbon filter I really like it. Good luck dude.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. I appreciate your help Azznadra,
    I have the day off today, I'm gonna do as you said in a few hours. I can keep the temp around 75. The humidity is about 30 outside the dome, which is why I was considering buying a taller dome today. I guess I can just leave some runoff an hang a wet towel inside the tent to raise the humidity.
    Thanks again.

6. Ehh 30% is fine. Your plants dont need to be very humid and you want your soil to dry out every few days for good root growth.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Actually strike that seedlings need more humidity until they get established.

• Like Like x 1
  8. So I took them an put them in solo cups. They're out the dome already. Too late. Good news tho, I put a humidifier in my tent. Had to lower my exhaust fan to reduce negative pressure to get the temp right. It's 73 now. Thing is, humidity is not rising. I think it may be the carbon filter pulling it out due to the negative pressure. So now when gauging the speed of the fan I'm trying to balance temp and humidity. I'll give it some time an see if humidity lvl's change.
    Stay tuned

• Like Like x 1
  9. Went an bought a taller dome. Put them in that. They should be happier:)

10. New home for a bit

Attached Files:

11. It's been close to a day, seedlings seem to be bouncing back an getting after that light. One of them has yellowed a bit. I'm wondering what caused this. Hoping someone can help. I'll post some pics of the progress made over the past 21 hours.
    Please tell me what caused the yellowing of one of my baby's. I'd like to learn from this to ensure it does not happen again. Ty.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. I wouldn't worry about the humidity too much...I prefer to have lower humidity when I pop seeds cuz I don't want to get dampening off, which is when they fall over and die. I also water from the bottom to reduce humidity on the coco surface till the seedlings reach second node or so. I have a bunch of seedlings at about the same age right now.

we also have a coco section here at GC if you didn't see it :) ironhead's work is well worth the read..some really great coco info in there.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hi bongsauce,
    Thank you for stopping in and the advice. I'm keeping humidity at about 55%. They seem to like it. Think the yellowing may be fading but it left the very tip of one node brown. I'll give it time an see what happens. I'm hoping for 3 to be happy and healthy. I have only a 2x4 tent. I'm not growing 5 in there. I'd like to keep a 4th to clone off of. That would be great!
    I took some pics I'm gonna go ahead and share. I'm gonna check out the link you provided also, I appreciate that. Thank you. Looking for all the coco grow knowledge I can get. Tyvm!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'm always happy to help. I've used that 6/9/2 formula for years, and I've started plenty of new growers on it with great results. It's known as the h3ad formula and it's a modified lucas mix for growing in coco. I've tried many of different additives and bloom boosters and never noticed any change from the normal 6/9/2 recipe.

I was talking with a friend the other day and we both felt growing in coco with that recipe feels like cheat mode. here's a little coco guide I wrote a while back...it's mostly still accurate to my current techniques n stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Put a cam inside my tent. Now I don't have to open it to check on the temp an humidity:)

Attached Files:

16. What kind of cam are you using?

• Like Like x 1
  17. It's a cam my isp provided for home security. It has a cpl small display lights on the front behind a tinted cover.
    I was concerned about the 2 display lights but I figured it'd be fine bc I keep the lights on 24/7 at this time. Once I switch to 12/12 I'll unplug or put the cam in the same timer as the lights.
    Think the cam may cause harm to my plants?

18. Yeah if they interrupt the night schedule on 12/12

• Like Like x 1
  19. My girls seem to be doing very well. Now that the cam has been added I haven't had to open my tent an check on them in over a day. They love the privacy:) an the fact that the environment stays the same in there.
    It's been between 55-61 RH and 73-77 temp inside the dome over the past 24 hours. Yesterday morning I gave them their first taste of nutes. I gave them cal mag at 1/4 strength for seedlings. I also gave them 1/8 strength floranova bloom. They seem to be doing fine. The one that was yellowing is the first to start growing her second set of true leaves:) For six days after breaking ground the girls look good to me! First grow excitement! I'll post another cam screen shot bc I don't want to disturb them!

20. One of the girls was a slow starter. She had the biggest taproot sticking out the bottom of the rockwool but took days after to break ground. Once she did she never fully turned straight up toward the lights. I have her leaning up against a toothpick to keep her straight. She's beautiful, nice and green. We'll see how she does.

Attached Files: