First Grow, Hempy Bucket. Autoflower Sour Diesel and OG Kush

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by just_some_stoner, Jul 8, 2015.

1. #1 just_some_stoner, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2015
    Hello fellow tokers,

First post here, and my first grow ever.
    I looked around the web for a forum and i've scrolled through this website many times in the past, so this seems like a fitting place to document my grow.

Ok, let's get on with it.

First my setup, i built the grow closet with a friend who will also be helping me out :

600w HPS dual spectrum for growing and flowering (Sunmaster).
    Cool tube reflector
    Carbon filter
    80 watt exhaust fan.
    Nutes : Canna Aqua Vega A&B and Canna Aqua Flores A&B.
    Room is 1 square meter, about 1.80 meters in height.
    Bucket mix is 3/4 perlite and 1/4 vermucilite.

Seedlings are about 5 days old by now, pics in the next post.
    3x Sour Diesel auto, 1x OG Kush auto, Dinafem seeds.

Attached Files:

2. #2 just_some_stoner, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2015
    The seedlings, germinated in jiffy pellets and simply dropped in the buckets after that.
    About 5 days after germination at the moment.

I just touch the coco every day, if it's dry i add some water to it, i suppose this is a good way as any?

Attached Files:

3. Clean setup man. I dig it. Subbed up and in for the long haul.

4. Thanks Cannabartist!

I'm afraid i over-or underwatered some seedlings.
    The two in the front are not doing well.

Any advice?

Attached Files:

5. You using calmag?

6. Straight tap water up until now..

7. I went back to look at your first post to see about nutrients. I'm a little confused. You said you touch the coco to see if it's wet, but your first post says it's 3/4 perlite and 1/4 vermucilite.

8. Are you phing your tap water?

9. #9 just_some_stoner, Jul 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2015
    The seedlings germinated in Jiffy Coco Pellets wich were dropped in the 3/4 perlite, 1/4 vermucilite mix.
    I meant i touched the pellets to check if it's still moist, sorry if that wasn't exactly clear.

No PH meter yet, darn job, don't have time to go get one at the moment.. I should have one by saturday.
    I know, i should have gotten one before starting this.

Some other details : They are on a 20/4 light schedule.
    Last night the seedlings seemed fine (second post), and this morning 2 of them seemed droopy, i assumed they didn't got enough water, so i watered them but the problem is still there this evening.

10. Probably a ph issue than. Even if you can get the little test strips it would help a lot. In a soilless medium you want 5.5-6.1 ph usually shooting for 5.8ish to let them properly uptake nutrients

11. Another thought. If you start them in a solo cup next time. It gives them a chance to build a root system before going into a big planter. They usually start exploding with growth a couple days after the transplant aswell.

12. They are autoflowers, i've heard they get shocked a lot by transplanting them, that's why i dropped the pellets straight into the perlite/vermucilite...

Should i be adding nutes already?

13. I'll chip in here real quick too! I'm a friend of OP, we are in this grow together. I designed and built the grow box, and he will be taking care of the plants.

Ive grown before but only on soil with satisfying results. But i'm new to hempy's however... Unfortunately, 2 mistakes have been made already as far as i know;
    1: No pH meter. This was because our previous grows were done with seeds from a different brand (GreenHouse) and they took almost 2 weeks to germinate. Expecting the same to happen again i dropped these seeds in the pellets early, thinking we'd have plenty of time to buy a meter and some root stim... But two days later, tadaa!

2: Since this was my first grow with hempy (I germinated the seeds) i had no clue that the coco pellets contain zero nutes on themselves... Which means that they need nutes asap, but no pH meter...

14. No nutes yet unless it's a little calmag. And you are correct I forgot they were auto's. There just gonna start slower in the big pot. Just focus on trying to get your ph correct and they should perk up.

My green crack is a week old today. She gets 5ml calmag per gallon of water. That will continue till her 3rd set of true leaves or she tells me she's hungry.

Attached Files:

15. Alrighty!

Found this PH test kit from an old swimming pool.

Reads between 7.8 and 8.2.

16. Time to invest in some ph down aswell sounds like.

17. I'll lay off the watering until tomorrow evening.

18. #20 just_some_other_stoner, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2015
    And if anyone has any technical questions about the grow cabinet i'll try my very best to answer them as best as i can [​IMG]