First grow help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by DankAndBank, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Hello everyone, I am new to the site. I always use this site for research, but I just finally made an account. I am planning my first indoor grow, and I just spent alot of money on equipment. I want to grow really good quality weed. I am planting 4 Northern Light plants in 7 gallon grow bags, 3 bubblicious autos in 3 gallon bags, and 3 low ryder autos in 3g bags, all from Nirvana. Today I bought 4 bags of Foxfarms happy frog, and I bought 3 bags of ocean forest. I have lime, and perlite coming in the mail because I heard its good to add it to your soil. I am growing in a 4 by 8 foot tent with a 1000W air cooled hps, and a 135 true Watt cheap led panel. I may buy more light if necessary. What is the best possible soil mixture using happy farms? I want to do everything perfect even though its my first time growing indoors, I don't care how much it cost. I even bought a 1000W EYE hortilux bulb because apparently they produce over 10% more light.

• Like Like x 2
  2. You didn't say that the NorthernLights were autos, and if they aren't, you might have a light duration issue.

My advice is to not worry about yield, or any plant manipulation techniques to increase yield, and just let the plants grow the way they want to.

• Like Like x 1
  3. If you dump out one bag of the soil on a tarp, you can refill the bag halfway or fully with perlite, add to the soil and mix it. There's guides online that will give specific measurements but that's probably an easy way to think of it. I would try each soil you bought separate and see which one has the best results for you.

• Like Like x 1
  4. My northern lights aren't autos, just feminized. I figured I could do an 18/6 light cycle over all of the plants until the autos are ready to harvest since they dont need 12/12 to flower, then by the time I harvest my autos my northern lights will be about ready for a switch to 12/12 for flowering. Will this work?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Absolutely it will work

• Like Like x 1
  6. I have tried to search online for the best soil mixture and it seems like there is no definite answer, I was hoping someone who grew for a long time would have some secret soil mixture or some shit lmao. I am willing to buy whatever additives people recommend putting into it. I read that the happy frog soil is a better consistency for weed but has a low amount nutes, so people recommend mixing happy frog and OF 50/50. I have also read that adding mollasses, lime, bat guano, bloodmeal, eggshells, and other stuff gives massive improvements on quality and yield.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Awesome :)
    Thats what I like to hear hahaha!

8. It's all good stuff additives. I found that less is more. When I started I think I did too much and the plants were smalll and took forever but now I reduced my adding of stuff and just using nutes when required and plants are much bigger and healthier than the first time. It's a constant experiment. Got to try and see what works for you.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks for your input, I will keep that in mind. Maybe I will start with half of the recommended amount of additives. Not enough is definitely better than too much hahaha

10. I have another question. Will 3 gallon grow bags provide enough room for my autos? I want to get 3 ounces off of each one at least.

• Like Like x 1
  11. You'll get different responses to this question.....but I PERSONALLY think you should go bigger if you can.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Alright, I think I am going to upgrade to 5 Gallon bags. I want the auto to grow to their maximum potential. Do you think 7 Gallon bags would be a waste?

13. PERSONALLY....I don't think it would be a waste at all....in fact....I think thats perfect for ya.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cool, I think ill go with the 7 Gallon bags then since I already have them. I would have to order the 5 Gallon ones. Thanks dude. Ill be starting my grow August 1st, and I will start a grow log. I'm considering buying another 1000W hps, but I need to test everything to see how my heat situation is with 1. And my breaker only handles 10 or 15 amps at 110V, so I would have to figure out a way to get my other breaker routed into my growing room.

• Like Like x 1
  15. 24/0 then 12/12

16. Mix the ffof and the frog together and put about 30% perlite in the mix

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Best bulbs by far

18. Yes or flower the nl outside

19. I was Capt fox on here for 5 years! Great mix. U get the best if both worlds. I do reccomend getting a pH and ppm meter and than u can learn to do slurry test. No more guessing if plants are eating or when to feed

20. So when ur soil is dry ready to water or feed, do this
    Take a large shot glass of soil from ur plant and the same amount of distilled water and put in a cup. Stir around. Than put one meter in and get a reading. Than the other. So that will give u the true pH of ur soil. The ppms will tell u if ur plants are eating ur feeds or if they are hungry. So if I get a reading of 350 or under I feed. If it's over 350 i water. It's just that simple