First Grow - Help Germinating

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Stickyfingers420, Jun 28, 2014.

1. So, this is my first grow. I'm growing outside in coco. I did not germinate using paper towels or a shot glass because i thought i'd mess it up. They just went straight into the medium. I put my seeds in the coco two days ago and I have been keeping it moist. I've been misting which I recently found out I should not do. I also have them in the sun which I also found out I shouldn't. Luckily it hasn't been that sunny the past few days. I did all that wrong, but they're all still popping. I'm growing 15 plants in cups and I can see all of them except for two coming through the surface, but the seed shells are still on. They're cracked with roots. Today the coco got a little dry and now i'm worried that they fried. I'm using humidity domes now, but i'm still paranoid. Someone tell me what to do now?

2. IME it is best to try to remove the seed and membrane... some will tell you to let it fall off on its own but I have found that sometimes it sticks and will severely stunt growth or in extreme cases kill the sprout. Just be very gentle when doing it. Especially if it is an autoflower you can't afford to waste days for the hull to come off you need that baby growing right away.

3. Imo I would not use the dome! I have had no success using domes for seedlings.

4. What problems have you had with humidity domes?

5. Went to check on them today. They're not fried (or at least some of them). I can see the little white seedlings coming through the surface on some, but how should I keep the soil moist from now on?

6. I don't know who said not to mist your seedlings. I do it every time and I have never had a problem. When the root gets well established, regular watering will be fine. I usually mist for about a week after germination. 

7. One of the seeds root is coming through the top of the soil like a hook (I don't think I planted it deep enough). Should I move it down or just let it do it's thing?