First Grow! Headband in coco, 4x4 Tent

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by kal eidoscope, Oct 6, 2012.

1. #1 kal eidoscope, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2012
    Whats up GC? I've recently started my first grow with 7 Headband clones, and I thought it would be a good idea to record everything, and hopefully get some advice!

This is what I'll be using:

4x4 Secret Jardin DR120 Grow Tent
    4' 4 Bulb T5 High-Output Fluorescent for vegging.
    1000 Watt HPS for flowering
    Raptor Hood.
    3 Gallon pots
    Canna Coco
    Canna A+B
    BioRoot

The plants are currently between 6 and 8 inches tall and are in small 2x2 pots and on a 18/6 light schedule with the T5, which is about 20 inches above them. I will be moving them into the 3 gal pots soon. I watered the plants last night and plan on feeding them in a day or so. I have not fed them yet, I received them a week ago and they were fed before I got them. I haven't fed them because I my p.h and ppm meter have not arrived yet. Currently, some of the leaves have some yellow spots on them, and some of the tips are yellow and dry looking. Also some of the stems have some purple in them. I've been told I may need to flush so that may happen in a day or so, but I think it may also be from a lack of nutrients. Any thoughts?

I will post more pictures in a couple days after I have taken action, this is the start of my journal. Sorry about the low quality, new camera coming soon.

Thanks,

kal eidoscope

Attached Files:

2. The girls got fed this morning with Canna A+B and BioRoot, hope they take a liking to it!

10/8/2012, 9:37 a.m

Canna A- 7.5ml / Gal
    Canna B- 7.5ml / Gal
    BioRoot- 1tsp/4.9ml / Gal

P.H.[/B]- 5.8
    EC- Water-.3, Water+CannaA+B -1.2, With All Nutes -1.4
    Temperature- 65 degrees F
    Humidity- 30%

I'll take some more pictures later this afternoon, if the feed was successful of course.

3. How long are you vegging them for and what kind of yield are you anticipating?

Looking good so far!

4. Thanks a lot Ragz!

I was planning on vegging them for at least a month, but I'll have to do some measurements soon to find out for sure, being in a tent I have limited space (7 ft high i think, minus pot height, minus hood height). I am transferring them this week into 3 Gallon pots, and switching them to HPS so I'll have a gauge for vegging time soon.

As for yield? Lol I'll be cool with getting any amount if its great quality! But realistically, from what I have heard Headband is a decent yielder, and I'm also going to SCROG so I think desiring at least 2.5 to 3 oz per plant isn't being too optimistic, but we'll see. What do you think?

5. If you are gonna scrog with a 4 week Veg, 2 oz per is a fairly safe bet (IMHO).

This is a pic from my flower room and the biggest girl on the far right was given 6-7 weeks of veg and each will yeild about 4-6 oz (she has 3 weeks left in flower) where the rest were given about 3-4 weeks veg and they will give about 1.5 oz each.

Something as simple as an extra 2 weeks of veg makes all the difference between a couple oz or a hp harvest. As said before, everything looks good and you have a good gameplan.

I am looking forward to seeing how this goes. Keep on gardening! :smoke:

[​IMG]

6. Thanks again for the additional input! I need all of it I can get!:hello:

That girl on the right is HUGE! What strain/s are you growing? Looks AMAZING! Do you have a journal also?

I'm in no rush whatsoever, so I'll gladly take your advice and will try to veg for at least 6 weeks...Hope i have the space!

Post-feed picture update tomorrow so we know they are ok. (today was my first time feeding)

7. THe biggest one is a new strain that I have not named yet. After she finishes her cycle I will I get her tested for THC and CBD, try out her smoke and then name her. Her genetics are wonderful so I am looking forward to harvesting her! :D

Right now I am Flowering the following strains:

Trainwreck - (1 week to go)

Tony Stark - (3 weeks to go) - my 1st strain :cool:

"New Strain" - (3 weeks and 5 weeks to go)

Blueberry - (7 weeks to go)

Lambsbread - (8 weeks to go - gender test of 2 week old clone)

And in the veg tent:

Tangerine Dream - (4 weeks veg)

Lambsbread - (Mom - 2 mos old)

Tony Stark - (Moms - 2 mons old)

SuperNatural - (5 days old) <--- I am doing a journal on these. Link is below in my signature:smoke:

... brb, just cleaned my glass and I have a bowl of TD with my name on it ...:hello:

8. Wow "newstrain" that must be exciting! Best of luck to you with that you'll have to tell us how it goes, and I subscribed to your journal. Looking forward to watching and learning!

Btw, What is "Tony Stark's" genetics?
    P.S. I haven't smoked REAL blueberry in at least five years. Jealous.

9. Tony Stark genetics: Super Lemon Haze Marijuana Reviews - Leafly x Afgooey Marijuana Reviews - Leafly

It has a head high that is comperable to to the "Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster"* :D

*thank you, Douglas Adams!

10. From what I can tell, feeding went very well yesterday, and the girls are looking nice and healthy. Pictures tonight.

11. #11 kal eidoscope, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2012
    Everything still looking fine over here, apart from working 11 hours a day. As promised, here are some picture updates. What does everyone think?

Kal Eidoscope

12. Dont think your pics linked ... :smoke:

13. I know, I know. I was on break between my 2 jobs and I did notice it but didn't have time to fix. I'm off for the night now, so I'll try to upload them again. I'll be staying up all night for the next two days typing a paper, then working, then typing, then working, then class. Wish me luck.

Coming home to see my dog, my lady, and my babies is literally all that's keeping me together right now.

Tried to upload but it says there is a security token missing? Grasscity? Help please?

14. You could try hosting them off site at photobucket or flickr and them linking them to your posts.

Perhaps that may help?

15. Thanks a lot my friend! Got a quick question, how often do you feed?

16. Since I run soil, I feed once per week. :)

I water every day

17. Today looks like its going to be transfer day! Mixing up some coco and perlite this afternoon, and hopefully posting some pictures of my babies in 3gals. Micro-screen tomorrow maybe?