First grow... having problems. I want to try something new?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Roquefort, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Long-time browser, first time grower, and I wanted to run a question by you all.

To preface, I'm 30 days into my first grow (a single Bomb THC plant.) I have it in my attic, which was fine up until about a week ago when the Texas heat brought that room to about 95 degrees. It hasn't gone down since. This, couple with the 600 watt MH totally scorched my plant, and I'm afraid the problem will only get worse if I continue growing in the attic. The summer heat will put it at over 100 degrees all summer long...

So I want to move my room into a large closet (about 5ft x 5ft.) It has a ceiling AC vent to pump air into the room, and I'll keep a fan for circulation. I'd like to punch a hole in the wall, put in a carbon filter, and let the central air "push" the room's air through the carbon filter into the adjacent bathroom. My questions are this: do you think this can work? Do I need an additional fan to pump air through the carbon filter? If I do, what are some good options? Am I going to need to supplement CO2, or will the AC unit pump enough in?

I do not intend to grow a ton of plants; maybe just 2 or 3 for personal use.

Am I missing anything obvious?

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks guys!

2. You should be pulling air through a filter

I have grown in south Texas and its crazy bro IMO I shut down from June till dec too hot with out massive AC but

I do think that you need to move down out of the attic into that closet and the fact that you have AC pipes in there is a plus air movement is your best friend even if its hot as long as its moving its not as hot lol

I have a 1000 watt with a 440 CFM fan on it and ac blowing in and still got to 90 some days

Sent from iPhone 5