First Grow. Have A Question And Need Some Help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tparevo15, Jun 3, 2014.

1. It's my first attempt at growing... anything. Keep in mind that these 2 plants were grown from seeds I received from a friend. They are white widow plants. I used these two seeds as a trial grow, before I go and buy seeds/clones and start a legit grow, just to kind of get a feel for what I'm doing and to work some links out. I planted one in rockwool, and one in soil. The water used is RO water, pH to 5.6. They started off strong, sprouting in 2 days! By day 5, they were about 4" tall!! But this is where I'm having issues.

Now the plants are falling over. The stems are long, and are too weak to hold the plants up. My temp range is 73-84, humidity is around 50%. I have a 6" fan set on low and a cfl light placed about 4" from plants.

Why are they dropping?!?

I apologize if this has already been discussed 100 times on here. But I thank you and appreciate any input to try and help me out
    View attachment 1468371 day 2
    View attachment 1468372
    View attachment 1468373
    Day 4
    View attachment 1468374
    Now

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Well my pics didn't load. I'll try to post them again

3. Bury the long stems up to the baby leaves in soil, that will stabilise it and grow more roots. You also need more light.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

4. Humidity 50% !!!???
    All The Time.??

Spaceman Charlie..

5. Also try a stick by em to keep them straight, and follow them ^^^

6. If are stretching then they don't have enough light. What wattage is the CFL you are using? 

7. It's a 60w 825 lumen bulb

A 60w CFL will give off around 4000 lumens. Are you sure it's a CFL and not an incandescent? Incandescent bulbs are not suitable for growing. 825 lumens is not enough for even a day old seedling, this will be the reason for the stretching