first grow, grand daddy purp. is it ready to flush yet? help me out, PICS!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by krillerman, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Hey everyone. I have a granddaddy purp that has been flowering for about 6 weeks now. its under a 400w HPS light. i'm giving it general hydroponics nutrients with super hume. I know its small, i had problems with nutrients early on that stunted its growth a little bit.

do you think its ready to flush? when should i harvest?

also, how much do you think i'll yield?

any advise is appreciated, thank you!

Attached Files:

2. It is very hard to tell over pictures on the internet when ready to harvest. The best way is to look under a jewlers loop or microscope or anything that gives 20x magnification. Look at the trichs. If no magnification I suppose you could go 40-60 percent red hairs to white but that is unreliable. On yield I say not more than 1/4 ounce de-stemed and dry probably more like an 1/8th dry.

3. I would say wait till some more of those hair turn brown.

-MM

4. get a microscope from radioshack very cheap check the trichomes they tell a story if there cloudy with amber then yes flush

search the forum for cloudy or amber trichomes to get a picture

5. o yea prolly around 8 to 12 grams dried

6. Same as above.Breeders usually give a flowering time with there strains but you cant always go by there flowering time unless you could duplicate the breeders environment.But like posted above get yourself a scope or jewelers loop and harvest by trich color.I generally pull indica strains with a 30percent dark head.Even though you said they are 6 weeks in i wouldn't flush just yet.They look(from your pics) like they still have some weight to put on.

Good deal though they do look healthy now after getting past the shock/stunted time they went through.

7. i heard that if you put your plant in darkness for 3 days right before your harvest, the buds will become super dank because it thinks its dying and will put its energy in forming the buds more. is this true? does anyone have any experience with this?

i dont understand why my GDP buds are so small compared to my other plants. i know it was small to begin with, but i was hoping the buds would fill out.

8. it does smell dank tho!

9. Somewhat true that 36 hours of dark brings out a little more THC. So does harvesting during the plant night time instead of 36 hours dark.

10. Id say wait 2 weeks. at least. Looks like they could get fatter.

11. May I dance with your lady? Damn, that is pretty!

How did she smoke?

12. You should have definately trimmed most of those fan leaves off and the medium sized leaves should have been trimmed back to allow the buds to fill out a bit more. You still have 2-3 weeks depending on strain type until she's ready. You need to get a microscope (at least 15-20x) to look more closely. Strain type is probably a factor in why the buds didn't turn out sexier. Experiment with different strains. Go for Indica dominant with good reviews.

Nice buds!