First Grow, Got some questions...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by GTX, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Ok some I have collected up a good bit of bagseed for my first outdoor grow. Before I get to far into this post Ill give you some information. I live in York county, Pa. (South central.) I have read The germintation guide and a couple of others but I probaly will still ask questions. Ill be posting up a journal so You guys can help me the whole way through. I have a pretty good spot, that gets sunlight in the morning to about afternoon, then from about 3pm to 7am is dark. Is this a good spot as light is concerned?

Im starting with Bagseed because the seeds are free and whats their to lose? Nothing.

I want to know when is the best time I should start to germinate my seeds? Im gonna put them in cups, then to larger pots, then transplant them outdoors. Atleast thats my plan.
    I wanna be spot on with the beginning of the grow season so I can give my plant the best posible chance.
    So should I start germintation now ? or wait a few months til it gets closer to spring?

I want it to be so the first week of growing season or last frost that they are big enough and ready to be planted in the woods so they will have the maxium amount of time to grow

2. anyone?

3. For outdoors light I've grown plants with roughly between 6-10 hours of direct sunlight daily, but they became a bit stressed... still looked pretty nice though. I live on the East Coast and I started germinating a few days into April and once they were done germinating (takes 2-4 days) I let them sit in the dark, in a cup filled with store bought soil. After a few more days they sprouted and I brought them to the outside/and inside at night time daily. By the time they are a few inches tall transplant them (at this time it will be about two weeks into April) to the ground or pots however you want to do that. Lastly if you are growing in the woods make sure you have the right utensils to protect your plants from pests and insects, you may also want to add a fence for deer problems. Usually the people where I live have their plants planted on 4/20 but I did it a bit sooner.

4. Yea, I have thought about protection, but how high of a fence? are we talkin a few feet or like 1 foot? Will deer step over a fence? So to give them sunlight while they are in the cup you just sit them outside all day and bring them in a night and put them in a dark place? How about soil, I was thinking about digging up the area im planting about 2 feet deep and replace with organic soil from the store or something, Mixing in some chicken and duck manure, some sand for airation, and possible lime. Would it be okay to add some fertilizer(pellet type) to the mixture also? I dont know what i should do about pest tho. Got any ideas? Thanks, Nate +rep for the help wayne