First Grow - Good Times

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Azureblue, Aug 11, 2008.

1. High Azure!

As I read a very good book today, I came across some info that might interest you...
    in case you haven`t already fixed the yellowish leaf, this also occurs when the pH is to low hence nitrogen is locked out. So you might wanna check the pH of your soil and make sure its in the range of 6.5 to 7.0.
    to raise pH level of soil add dolomite lime (1 cup/cft of soil)
    to lower pH: Fertilize with sulfur

PACE

2. Thanks dude :cool:

I get to check the growbox tonight so I will definitely give this a run and see if it helps :D

Hope your plans are coming together!

3. I am anxious to see your results!
    Yeah my plans are thickening ;) , I already ordered some stuff, like a RO device, some LED lights (just for supporting different lightspectres), Wormcastings and some small stuff... ah yeah and i ordered seed :eek:
    from Nirvana i ordered 10 white rhinos and 10 nirvana special :eek:
    We`ll see when they arrive... Anyways I got to wait another 2-3 weeks with building the box, since i am moving in two weaks and i don`t want to stess the new babys...
    I think i will start a growjournal when i start builing...we`ll see...

Hope you can take some new pics 2night dude!

PACE

4. Exciting! By now you may have some of those items. I hope everything comes together for you during your move and as you start building your grow box. If you haven't done it before (I hadn't) it can be a challenge but as long as you give yourself enough time to do it you can make it happen :D

5. #45 Azureblue, Sep 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2008
    Alrighty. Update!

It is day 70, day 12 of the 12/12 lighting schedule. I was hoping you my fellow GC'ers would take a look at these macro pictures I took at lunch and let me know if you see anything that would indicate sex....?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is so hard for me as a n00bie to tell the difference between new growth and actual signs of sex.

Plant is doing well but I have been LST'ing the hell out of it because of my size restrictions. So far the plant has taken it very well and I haven't had any problems. I almost wish I had a 5th light for extra coverage but this one plant already has 4 27w CFL's covering it.

Thanks for looking :D

6. all those pics are female, nice job bub:D

7. REALLY???!?!

..................................NO WAY :hello:

:eek::eek:

Cigars for everyone!!

[​IMG]

8. yup female for sure

9. CONGRATULATIONS AZURE!

Thos female pistils look awesome! Long and white, just as they supposed to be when they first show up.You can locate them exactly growing out of the internodes of the branches (kind of like the croth or pussy located between the legs ;)...I´m so stoned right now...) Man i hope my plants will look half as healthy as yours....I just received RO, LED`s,CFL and all the stuff for germination and clones :D
    I`m sitting infront of it all day, thinking about how my babys will grow in their new home, just can`t start building the damn thing, because i haven`t got the final exact size of my growspace...AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!! And looking at your beautiful plant makes me go insane! ;)

I WANT MORE PHOTOS!!!

HAPPY GROWING

10. :hello: :hello: :hello:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! :hello:

I am so thrilled. I was prancing around like a freaking fairy all night last night. Unfortunately nobody in my immediate vicinity can know about the grow so it was kind of a silent party. Awesome none the less!! [​IMG]

Sweeeeeet....almost as good as the real thing! [​IMG]

You are doing it right! Plan plan plan because it will save you many headaches later when it comes time to use all of the stuff you bought. I originally designed my growbox to fit into a certain area and even with the measurements I took, etc., the box ended up being slightly too large and I had to improvise another location (which worked out way better but still). I can't wait to see your setup and especially your grow!! Good luck!!

I should have some more pictures soon! I have been LST'ing pretty hard so it will probably look shorter and bushier then in the last pictures.

I decided not to top/fim with my first grow because I'm worried that the additional growth (width-wise) would outgrow my grow box. I am having really good luck staying within my height/width requirements with LST. I may experiment with topping/fimming more in subsequent grows though :D

11. I had a question by the way!

I have done a lot of research this morning and can't seem to come up with a definitive answer on my own.

Please fellow GC'ers, share your vast array of knowledge :cool:

Should I:
    • Clone (take clippings of) my female plant now in preparation for the next grow
    • OR can I harvest my current female over and over again?

...keeping in mind that I currently only have space to grow 1 plant. Thank you :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. Definitely take cuttings before flower. It is possible to reveg and reflower but yields lower every round... and who wants to grow the same plant over and over!?? :p

13. Can I borrow your plants for like, 20 seconds??? That's all it'll take, I swear. I'll clean up. Don't worry.

AWESOME looking plants, man. I really hope mine looks like yours, I'd be a VERY proud poppa.

14. #54 Uchiha, Sep 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2008

High again Azure! :smoke:
    Now you just made me wanna look at your plant more, i want to see how your LST is looking!!!
    It is just like THEPot said: wether you take clones or the whole plant, they both have to transform into vegging state again (since you already started flowering...)
    This takes time and it does not always succeeds, however in your case (just one plant) I would recommend to take some clones (appr. 3-5) and try to take them back to veg. You then can choose the strongest, healthiest looking one. That`s just what i would do in your case, but I beleive there are other , moreprofessional answers out there
    And for the future: always take clone cuttings BEFORE switching to flowering.

...Still don`t know if i build my box vertical or horizontal...I just wanna start growing...:hello:
    But my seeds are on the way :D Did not expect them so early...
    Thanks for the props dude! Hearing about you setting it up 2 times, just made me pull out my plans and do them over ;)
    I`ll keep you updated about any new events.

PACE

:/Green Thumb Up/:

15. You are saying that taking the clippings now for cloning, then revegging, will result in lower yeild next round? :eek: :(

Is it still worth doing it? I was going to do it this Friday.

Hehe, I'm a pimp farming out my ladies by the hour :laughing:

AWESOME looking plants, man. I really hope mine looks like yours, I'd be a VERY proud poppa.[/QUOTE]

Thank you thank you :cool:

I had been hoping against hope for a girl since I only have one plant. I didn't have a great plan in the beginning, which is why I didn't think to have a few plants and determine sex earlier. Thankfully this worked out!

I'm hoping that I will be able to clone this plant but I'm concerned about the possibilities of lowering my yeild as mentioned above. Would it be lowered significantly next round or does that effect really only take hold after it's done that way several times?

Good to see you again! I'm doing a picture update after I finish this post!

Thanks man! I think I will give it a try. I'm driving up to my favorite grow store (it's about 30 minutes away) to get some cloning supplies on Friday. I am hoping to go through the actual cloning process as well at that time but we'll see what time allows.

Try and give yourself enough vertical if you can, that is less forgiving then the horizontal I have found. Still, with LST you can get away with a lot. I have not been all the way through flowering yet either...I'm quite nervous about the "explosive growth" that I hear occurs at this stage.

I can't wait to see your growbox start to come together! If you can, take pictures along the way :). That will feed all of us hungry lusting GC goers :D

Thanks again for stopping by! Picture update below :cool:

16. Alrighty...picture update!!

These were taken this morning, Day 74 and day 15 of 12/12 lighting schedule.

Looking at my previous pictures it's really apparent that she :)D) has grown quite a bit in a short period of time.

I have been going nuts with LST because I am worried about outgrowing my grow box. If I keep up with this LST, however, it looks more then possible to contain the growth within the space that I have to work with.

This being my first grow, these pictures make me so proud...:eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Check out this promising node growth where I've LST'd the main stalk:

[​IMG]

Hard to believe how much has changed. Here is a flash back to day 18 of my grow:

[​IMG]

I am noticing a small number of the bigger leaves have this weird dropping effect going on lately. I'm not sure if it's overwatering (I doubt it because I've been careful) or overnuting. Here is a picture:

[​IMG]

Also (sorry for all the questions but) I am back and forth as you can tell by reading my previous posts about fimming and topping. I don't think I want to top the plant this round but I was wondering if I could do some fimming (i.e. not cut the main cola but perhaps some of the smaller growth) for more bud sites? Hopefully the LST will help with more bud sites as well...

17. #57 Uchiha, Sep 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2008
    High AzureB!
    I just read an article where this guy in holland took his flowering female plant (indoor,HDI) and revegged it OUTSIDE on his rooftop. His plant had tree-like roots and a stem as thick as a tree!!! But you can only do this if you have acces to your own secured rooftop and only in spring...
    So i think cloning and thus have a variety of plants to chose from is better than to hope for one plant to heal. As soon as i start buliding i will have you informed dude!

I think your LST looks good! There will be 3 to 4 equal big bud sites, i am guessing...
    That one leaf looks kind of droopy to me..as long as it is just this one leaf i wouldn`t worry.
    But if it is spreading: than you should try give them a little more water. And i hope you take the temp. of air and soil on a regular basis?(air:70-80F;soil: 65-75F). Your leafs od look very very green. How much "N" are you using in your feedings? you maybe wanna cut this down a little bit... because first signs of "N" overdose are excessively lush, green foliage. Weak stems, htat fold over. Slow root development.Flowers become wispy: Leaves brown dry, and fall off.
    But than again your stem does not look weak at all... Just keep an eye on her! ;)
    That`s all i can think of...

PACE

18. plant looks sick. day 74? shouldnt it be a lot bigger?

19. I don't know...this is my first grow :confused:

It is a soil grow and it is CFL, so it's not going to be as far along as a similar plant at day 74 that has been grown with hydroponics using HPS or MH lighting.

Also I have LST'd it consistently since it was young in order to keep the height down. Grow hasn't been perfect, there was a time or two during veg when the plant went without water longer then it should have (because it was stealth and I could not get to it). However, it bounced back almost instantly after a good watering.

I've used Fox Farm nutes consistently and the soil is organic. Lights are daylight (6500k) though now that I'm in flowering I'll be switching today to soft/warm (2700k).

My goal is a nice, short, bushy plant with many smaller bud sites (with the help of LST'ing). This is just a personal experimental grow so any results, especially now that I know it's female, will be most pleasing to me :D

20. I am considering an attempt at cloning this evening. I'm hesitant because the only clippings I can take are going to have bud sites on them :(. The only stems with 3-4 nodes have bud sites. Still, it would be worth it if it was successful!

Yeah let me know! Good luck :cool:

There are 3-4 good sized "flowers" beginning but surprisingly there are also many small "flowers" sprouting as well. I am interested to see how this all plays out :hello:

Thanks man!

I am making a supply run tonight to my favorite grow store. I'll be picking up the Fox Farm Flowering nutes (replacing the Veg nutes I've used all along) as well as the new CFL's that I need to go to the soft/warm lights (2500k) for flowering. I'll also be picking up the cloning solution and something to place these clone attempts in.

Hopefully it works out! :eek:

Thanks for following my grow dude :D