First Grow...Ghetto Style

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Papa Herbtron, Apr 28, 2009.

1. As much as i want/need some fancy lighting/equipment, im broke, and therefore i scrounged up materials from all around my house and figured id give growing a try since buying pot sucks ass. Ive researched into it and theres not much telling me this CANT work but ill definately be upgrading soon. So yeah, heres the breakdown so far, i germinated 2 seeds i found in my room in a paper towel and planted them in some ghetto pots i made. I pimped out my mini dresser with some white paper taped all around inside it for some reflectiveness (i only have 1 CFL)and made a lil stealth room so my mom cant find em (shes chill with me smoking, not growing) Its been like 5 days and theyre doin all right. I plan on LSTing them so i can fit them in the dresser. Dont hate, its just a fun experiment (that would rock if it worked), but advice and feedback from some of you veterans in the growing game would be appreciated!:gc_rocks:
    P.S. excuse the awkward photos, they were taken with a huge, awkward camera..

Attached Files:

2. i'm a brand new grower too, my advice may be totally wrong... but it looks like your little seedling is reaching for the light (long thin stem) try putting the one light closer, my cfls are sitting around 2 inches away from the plant.

3. #3 Papa Herbtron, Apr 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2009
    I noticed that too but i had no idea why it was doing that! Thanks a lot dude!
    Also, can anybody tell me if they know whether or not ill burn my house down running my light 24/0 for a few days with a cfl in a desk lamp?