First grow, gettin ready to harvest ? (Pics)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Ayobreezy15, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Hey guys, finishing up my first grow here. Got 10 good plants been flowering for 6 and a half weeks and getting close to cutting time I think. Anyone can help me out here with how they are looking and how much longer you think I should let em go? 1000 watt hps bulb in a 5x5 tent. Here's 3 pics image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. #2 MyDogSmokesWeed, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2013
    patience grasshopper. You have plenty more time. I'd guess at least 3 weeks, maybe more. You look like they are burning and curling all over. What are you feeding at this point? 

3. #3 TheAnswer121, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2013
    3 weeks left? looks like your only 3-4 weeks into flowering. are you counting from when you flipped the lights or the end of preflower?

4. Yeah bud, id say flowering time from flipping the lights usually takes around 8 weeks. In a lot of cases, more. So saying you have 3 weeks left from right now would be a pretty spot on estimate. You'll know you're ready for harvest when your hairs recede back into your bud. It's gonna all come together and get tighter and more compact. That's when you keep your eyes open for your harvest window.

I was going more on him saying they were 6.5 weeks flowering. Plus I did say "at least".  :p I"m with you though that they look young, but they also look burned, so they could just be stunted because of that and not growing as fast as they should. There's all sorts of possibilities. 

6. Just wait. if you think they look good and close to harvest now, wait till you see them in 3 weeks. You'll have a big ass boner. I bet your buds close to double in size and weight over the next 3 weeks

7. Any possibilities of it being a long flowering sativa strain? Just a curious newbie.
    OP what strain is it?

8. Thanks for all the help guys. It has been 6.5 weeks of 12/12 light cycle. I used Bonnie's organic plant food but was experiencing nitrogen burn and have been using just water for watering lately. Some of the strains include, 3 LSD, 5 thc bomb, 1 sage n sour, 1 snowbud, and 1 unknown (in the pic).

9. Awesome! This is just what I needed. I had read that the hairs won't be sticking out of the bud as far when it's done but was approaching the 7 week mark and thought typical flowering is 7-9 weeks so I was trying to see how on track I was.

10. no prob happy growing