First grow for Mr. X ~ ice w/ CFLs and 400w HPS

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by MonsieurX, May 26, 2011.

1. about 6.5 in high from soil. O and should i wait for preflowers to switch to 12/12?

2. thats what i did, i waited until she told me, i planted it 5/8 and put it into flowering 5/15.
    :smoke:

3. That's a pretty stout little bush you've got there Mon! Good work thus far. I would also agree on adding nutes, and switch to 12/12 once they reach 12 inches.

4. thanks MM! I fed it last night for the first time and I woke up to a happy looking plant lemme tell ya. I measured height as well and the top of the plant is now about 7 in. from soil. At this rate it shouldn't be too long (I'd guess another 7-10 days) until I start with 12/12. :)

5. Ok I got a quick question for yall. Do you think if I tied down the four major symmetrical branches on the middle section of plant (see pics above) I could stimulate the growth of five main colas instead of one? like LST training I guess but I dont have any experience with that. Anyway Im stoned haha but I guess my question is should I try LST? or is it a more risky approach then just letting the plant grow w/o training? ha
    ~thanks n stay green

6. Yes man do that, mine shows more sativa dominant, your looks a lot more Indica than mine, but these things stretch so i would do some kind of training. My Ice is like 20"-24" i put in in flowering last week at 13". They get big, but its supposed to have a great yield and very dense nuggs!!!

deff try to do some training though, unless hight really isn't an issue.
    hope this helps!
    :smoke:

7. Hey gc, I've got a problem and I need help diagnosing what's wrong. Below are two pics from fan leaves on my 1-month old plant.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Please if you think you know what the problem is (or if there's no problem at all...I wish lol) let me know!! I wanna nip it in the bud ASAP. Below are some more pics of the plant which, other than the two leaves with the spots shown above, looks really healthy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for checkin out my grow and stay greeeeen:D

8. If those are the only two abnormal sightings on the plant, I wouldn't freak out at all. I would get all worked up when something seemed wrong in my first grow. Here's some valuable words. Don't over-think it, Don't overdo it. If the spots progress and start covering more than 1/3 of the entire plant, that is the time to take action. You don't want to beat your ladies to death with intervention attempts is what I'm really saying here...

Anyways, they look pretty good man. No need to fret for now. :smoke:

9. Thanks again for some sage advice MM, I dont plan on doing anything yet, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't on the verge of a bug infestation. Do those look like spots from some kind of nutrient deficiency to you? Or should I get ready for battle with the insects?

10. Have you recently dripped any nute solution on the leaves? That would cause localized burns like the ones in the pictures.

As for pests, I really can't say. Watch for them I guess. There is information available about common pest problems and symptoms. Once again though, don't over-think it. Could just be a couple weak spots on the plant.

11. I think youre right with the nute solution burning the leaves. The first day I noticed the spots was yesterday (saturday) and it was at night. I watered it that same morning with a conservative dose of grow big from foxfarms (1/4 tsp per 2 cups of water). Alot dripped on the leaves and I brushed some off but figured it wouldn't matter. I guess that's no big deal then, but I'm still on the lookout for any insect mufuckas on my plant.

12. Beads of water act as a magnifier, so under hot and bright lights, the plant tissue can burn up faster. Beads of water on the leaves during the dark period would be of no trouble though.

13. ...I've got 234 watts of cfl (130w of 2700k and 104w of 6500k) close to the plant and on 24/7 so that makes sense

14. Update time!! So I'm pretty sure I found my girl's first female preflowers today! Below is a picture, albeit kinda a grainy picture, but I'm almost positive its a preflower. So Im psyched, about to start 12/12!!

[​IMG]

Please if I'm wrong about this let me know, but I can't wait to start flowering:D

15. That does kinda look like a white pistil. The photo is kinda grainy, so it is hard to tell. Is there only one or two of those white hair-like things?

16. There are two of them and they are in a sort of "y" shape. And yea sorry about the picture quality I can only so so much with a smartphone camera.

17. Sounds like you got a lady then. Congrats Mon. :bongin: :hello:

18. YESSS my first pistils!! then I guess it's naming time. I'm gonna go with isis :) I think I'm gonna turn the lights off at 6 tonight and hook up the timer and my HPS light, so excited!!

19. Congrats on the lady! My plant has been in veg much longer and I haven't seen any of those preflowers. Makes me worry a bit that I got a dude on my hands. Anyway, good luck as you get into flowering.

20. Thanks doe! Welcome to my grow. I was just checking out ur crazy LST grow journal and I'm impressed :) I did some light training on a few main branches of my girl Isis, but maybe the LST youve got going is prolonging the plants veg period? I'm not very experienced with growing (weed at least, been gardening legally for years lol) but I hope you see pistils ASAP. I feel like the best thing you can do is get fem seeds, but they aren't cheap :/. Anyways thanks for stopping by, I'll be peepin at your journal now for sure